Film: The Cat With Hands
Short British horror film, released in 2001. A mixture of live-action and stop-motion animation, it was written, directed, and animated by Robert Morgan.It focuses on an old man telling his younger companion an old folk tale about a cat that has human hands in place of its front paws, and of the terrible things that the cat does.It can be viewed here.
This work provides examples of:
- Body Horror: It stars a cat with human hands. And eventually more human parts than that.
- Cats Are Mean: It is a very, very bad cat. It's pretty bad as a person, too.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: The old man isn't a very good singer, tending toward severely flat.
- Hong Kong Dub: "Tongue."
- Kiss of Death: The kiss doesn't kill him, but it definitely signals that the old man is nearing his end.
- The Quiet One: The companion does not seem to say much. Until he takes the old man's tongue.
- Stop Motion: A flashback is told entirely through eerie stop-motion animation.
- Tongue Trauma: The old man's tongue is pulled out by his younger companion, who is also the cat.