Super Sentai World
is a short 3-D film
based on the Super Sentai
franchise that was shown in 1994 in amusement parks and special events nationwide in Japan. It was shown as a triple feature alongside Kamen Rider World
and Toei Hero Daishugo
(a crossover of Tokusou Robo Janperson
and Blue SWAT
, which also used footage from this short).
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- 3-D Movie
- Acting for Two: With only 8 of the 25 heroes voiced by their original actors, some of the present actors lend their voices to the other heroes. Doubles as Fake Shemp.
- All There in the Manual: There are two monsters called Soger and Irubaru who arrive late to the battle, holding Masato and Ayumi hostage, their names are unmentioned in the film.
- Attack Its Weak Point: Emperor Daidas' weak point is his third eye, which is discovered by Masato and Ayumi.
- Big Bad: Emperor Daidas
- Crossover: Coming before the start of the "Vs. Series" with Ohranger vs. Kakuranger, Super Sentai World includes the five recent teams (in 1994), Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, Gosei Sentai Dairanger, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, Choujin Sentai Jetman, and Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman. Aside from that, the characters Masato and Ayumi also appear in Kamen Rider World, linking the two movies after the Rider cameos in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai vs. Goranger as well as predating the crossover between Kamen Rider Decade and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, as well as Super Hero Taisen.
- The Dragon: Saigan, the leader of the monster army who serves Daidas.
- Fake Shemp: The 25 heroes only appear in costume, with only the then current team, the Kakurangers, with RyuuRanger and TenmaRanger as well as Tyranno Ranger, voiced by their actors. The remaining 17 heroes are voiced by replacement actors, including a few of the 8 returning actors.
- Humongous Mecha: The Giant Robos of the five Sentai, Five Robo from Fiveman, Jet Icarus from Jetman, Daizyuzin from Zyuranger, Dairen-oh from Dairanger, and Muteki Shogun from Kakuranger, are summoned to fight the Emperor Daidas.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: It is the red heroes (Five Red, Red Hawk, Tyranno Ranger, Ryuu Ranger, and Ninja Red) who summon their team's respective robos.
- Make My Monster Grow: Subverted. Emperor Daidas is naturally giant.
- Monster of the Week: No villains return in this special, instead the enemy is a new force determined to take over the world. This invasion is composed of Daidas the Emperor, Saigan and his allies Bango and Damaru, and two monsters that arrive late to the battle, Soger and Irubaru.
- Mooks: Though the main villains in this movie are all new characters, the enemy foot soldiers that fought the five featured teams return. The Batzler Soldiers from Fiveman, the Grinam Soldiers from Jetman, the Golem Soldiers from Zyuranger, the Cotpotros from Dairanger, and the Dorodoros from Kakuranger.
- Names to Know in Anime: Emperor Daidas is voiced by Dai Matsumoto, while Saigan is voiced by Jurota Kosugi, who also fills in for Jetman's Red Hawk.
- Sixth Ranger: Subverted. Only the five-man teams are featured, amounting to 25 Rangers. Zyuranger's Dragon Ranger (though his actor Shiro Izumi appears) and Dairanger's Kiba Ranger, as well as Ninjaman of Kakuranger, are absent.
- Victim of the Week: A man named Masato and his sister Ayumi who are held hostage from the monsters Soger and Irubaru and are saved by our heroes. They witness the Emperor Daidas's weak point. They also appear in Kamen Rider World, linking the two movies.