Film: Summer Lovers
Summer Lovers is an American Comedy/Drama/Romance film from 1982 starring Daryl Hannah, Peter Gallagher and Valerie Quennessen and was directed by Randal Kleiser and released by Orion Pictures. It tells the story of a young American couple, Cathy Featherstone (Hannah) and Michael Pappas (Gallagher), on a summer vacation in Greece after graduating from college. Michael is taken in by the casual nudity on the beaches and becomes interested in Lina (Quennessen). Cathy looks to another guy, but eventually settles on a trio with Michael and Lina (though do see the Headscratchers page).As usual, you can find the basics at The Internet Movie Database.
- Beach Movie
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Cathy has read some books on sex and tries an experiment where she ties Michael to a bed and drips candle wax on him. He doesn't like it, and tells her not to read any more because he doesn't want to know what she might find next.
- Fanservice: Non-stop.
- Freud Was Right: Invoked, though not in those words, when Cathy builds a small replication of one of the mountains using sand from the beach and Michael and Lina say that it looks like "a tit." Cathy says, "You two have sex on the brain."
- Good Times Montage: Set to the Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited."
- Happy Ending
- No Antagonist: There really is no one who could be called a villain in this film.
- Romantic Comedy
- Scenery Porn: Enforced, as MANY of the settings were used BECAUSE of their attractiveness.
- Tagline: "They Spent a Summer of Love - to the Sounds of 'Chicago'"
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: During the Good Times Montage, there is a scene of Michael reading a Spider-Man comic book...while watching Cathy sweep the deck topless.