Soulkeeper is a SyFy Pictures original, horror comedy film that premiered October 13, 2001 on the Sci Fi Channel.After stealing Abraham Lincoln's stovepipe hat from a Civil War reenactment and then being subsequently dumped by their unseen boss "Mr M", two thieves (or "acquisition specialists"), Corey Mahoney (played by Rodney Rowland) and Terrence Christian (played by Kevin Patrick Walls), are at a loss till they are hired by the mysterious Pascal (played by Brad Dourif). His proposition is for them to acquire the Rock of Lazarus, an ancient relic capable of returning souls back to Earth. In return for this, he guarantees $10000 up front and $100,000 when the job's done. However, troubles soon arise as they encounter demons and Simon Magus, an evil sorcerer believing he is the son of God. Hilarity Ensues.
Soulkeeper provides examples of:
- Arc Words: "Do you believe in the power of the human soul?"
- Antichrist: Simon Magus.
- Back from the Dead: due to the Artifact of Doom, one of the heroes reincarnates as a dog...who just happens to be owned by his friend's dream girl
- Gag Penis: A friend of the main characters has one, which is repeatedly described as "perfect"
- Grand Theft Me: An entire cult is made up of formerly damned souls now inhabiting the bodies of the living in order to experience earthly pleasures. Eventually one of the main characters is threatened with having his body stolen by the demonic leader, Simon Magus, who shoots himself in the head in order to die and allow his soul to possess another.
- Horny Devils: There is a brothel full of these. Explained as damned souls in prostitute bodies, they otherwise appear to embody all the stereotypical succubus traits, and even transform into large demonic forms at various points.