''Six Days Seven Nights'' is a 1998 film, part romantic comedy and part adventure film. Directed by Ivan Reitman, starring Creator/HarrisonFord and AnneHeche. DavidSchwimmer and JacquelineObradors play the most significant supporting characters.
The film starts with a young couple Robin Monroe (Heche) and Frank Martin (Schwimmer). Robin is a workaholic journalist for "Dazzle", a New York-based fashion magazine. Frank wants to get her away from work, arranging for a weeklong vacation in Makatea, in the Tuamotu Archipelago of the South Pacific. (Actual location.)
Their trip is uneventful, until they hire the DHC-2 Beaver airplane flown by Quinn Harris (Ford). The trio are joined by Angelica (Obradors), Harris' friend and lover. Her employers notify Robin that she has to attend a fashion event in Tahiti. She hires Harris to take her there, leaving Frank and Angelica waiting for them in Makatea.
When the aging Beaver crash-lands on a deserted island, Robin and Quinn have to survive on their own. Later encountering [[RuthlessModernPirates modern-day pirates]] and having to escape them as well. During all the action, the duo start falling for each other. Meanwhile, back in Makatea, Frank and Angelica are romancing each other.
The film was a box office hit but a critical failure at the time of its release. Nevertheless, its worldwide grosses of $164,839,294 probably ensure that it's fondly remembered by its various creators.
!!This film provides examples of:
* BadassGrandpa: Quinn.
* BarelyThereSwimwear: "I thought it was an eyepatch!"
* BrickJoke: "And there is NOTHING wrong with my tits!"
--> '''Robin:''' Some kind of creature has just swum up my pants. I'm guessing...it might be a snake.
--> '''Quinn:''' Oh. That's bad.
* DistractedByTheSexy: Frank.
* HypocriticalHumor: Frank gets awfully indignant when finding out about Robin and Quinn, despite having just confessed to sleeping with Angelica.
* KissOfDistraction: Just before taking a dive over the cliff.
* MacGyvering: Quinn and Robin rig up floats for the plane to replace its broken wheel.
* MayDecemberRomance: Quinn and Robin.
* MsFanservice: Angelica. '''Good LORD''' Angelica.
* PrecisionFStrike: When Robin has been crammed against the window of their plane by an inflating emergency raft. Combined with FlippingTheBird when Quinn (claims he) can't quite make out what she said.
* PunnyName: Invoked for no apparent reason. The guy leading up the search and rescue hunt for Quinn and Robin is named Tom Morrow.
* RealityEnsues: Robin fires a flare gun to get the attention of a passing airliner. Quinn berates her for wasting the flare, pointing out that the jumbo jet is several miles above them and would be hard pressed to notice an explosion, let alone a signal flare they're not looking for.
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Robin demands Quinn explain exactly what his problem with her is. He obliges.
* RuthlessModernPirates: Nothing romantic about these pirates.
* ShoutOut: A rare example of an ''inverse'' ShoutOut: Quinn has no problem whatsoever digging [[Franchise/IndianaJones a snake]] out of Robin's shorts.
* TooDumbToLive: The pirates fire a mortar shot straight up at the fleeing plane, with predictable results. They actually do survive, but are now stranded on the island themselves.
* TookALevelInBadass: Robin, when they fight the pirates. [[spoiler: Not to mention going from TheLoad to helping repair Quinn's aircraft and later landing it when Quinn is injured and unconscious]].
* YoureNotMyType: PlayedForLaughs in this exchange between the acerbic pair:
--> '''Quinn Harris:''' If it makes you feel any better you're not my type.
--> '''Robin Monroe:''' Oh good, why?
--> '''Quinn Harris:''' You talk too much. You're opinionated. You're stubborn, sarcastic, and stuck up! Your ass is too narrow and your tits are too small.
--> '''Robin Monroe:''' Hey, you wanna know why you're not my type?
--> '''Quinn Harris:''' Nope.