Not your typical "Chuck-Norris-beats-up-everyone" picture.Silent Rage
is an action thriller from the year 1982.
After helping to stop a murderous madman John Kirby (Ron Libby), Sheriff Dan Stevens (No, not him
.) (Chuck Norris
) is forced to stop him again after he is accidentally turned into an unstoppable killer by experimental science.
Now available as a Rifftrax
This film has the examples of:
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: Stevens must deal with a gang of rowdy bikers before Kirby is revived completely.
- And Call Him George: Charlie tells Stevens about the time when he was little and he had a puppy that got dirty; he gave it a bath in the toilet and put it in the freezer to dry but he accidentally forgot about it and it froze to death.
- Axe Before Entering: Kirby kills his landlady with an axe.
- An Axe to Grind: Kirby axes his way through a door to get his landlady.
- Bar Slide: Stevens does this to one of the bikers.
- Big Bad: John Kirby.
- Breaking the Bonds: Kirby frees himself from his handcuffs after he is captured by the deputies.
- Chain Pain: Used by one of the bikers.
- Chairman of the Brawl: An attempt to stop Kirby's initial rampage is done by breaking a chair on his back. He kills the guy who tried to stop him.
- Destination Defenestration: One deputy is thrown through a car window.
- Kirby falls through a window when Stevens puts few bullets into him.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: John dies on Stevens' arms after he finds him.
- Diner Brawl: Stevens must teach a biker gang some manners in a diner.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Stevens' truck after it crashes before the climax.
- Falling in Love Montage: Stevens and Alison. In this case a "Falling back in love in between lovemaking sessions" montage.
- Fanservice: Probably contains the highest concentration of bare breasts in Norris' filmography.
- Flatline: Used when Kirby is killed with a lethal overdose of drugs, only for him shrug it off and kill the perpetrator.
- For Science!: An experimental regenerative formula is used on a dying Kirby for this reason.
- Healing Factor: The experimental formula that is used on Kirby gives him the power of regeneration.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: No backstory is given to Kirby, he just snaps after he tells his doctor on the phone that he "can't take it anymore", and is portrayed as a crazy-person that Stevens must stop for the rest of the film.
- Gilligan Cut: After Alison tells to Stevens that nothing will happen between them ever again, the next cut shows them in bed making love.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: A beer jug is broken on Stevens' head during the Diner Brawl, and two other attempts of attacking him with bottles happen.
- Improvised Weapon: Kirby attacks Stevens with a two-by-four during their initial meeting.
- Man on Fire: Kirby, after he is caught inside an explosion.
- Neck Snap: Kirby kills Dr. Spires with this.
- Peekaboo Corpse: After finding Nancy's corpse, Alison backs away from it to be further frightened by her brother's corpse.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Stevens' partner Charlie.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: One biker tries to leave the Diner Brawl on his bike, but only his bike leaves.
- You Talkin' to Me?: Charlie is shown quoting this on front of a mirror.