Film: Shock Waves
Shock Waves is a 1977 horror film. Its cast features Peter Cushing and John Carradine.During World War II, Nazi scientists created The Death Corps, nigh-invincible troopers made from the dead German soldiers. After carrying out few missions, they disappeared into the sea at the end of the war. An undersea quake years later awakenes them from their rest and they go after shipwrecked holiday-goers who are stranded on an island nearby.
These rose up from the depths:
- Abandoned Area: The once elegant hotel where the SS officer has been holed up for years.
- Asshole Victim: The extremely whiny Norman.
- Blondes Are Evil: The Death Corps.
- Closed Circle: The island.
- Final Girl: Rose.
- Flare Gun: After colliding with the suddenly ascended ship, the yacht captain fires his flare gun to reveal its position.
- It's also Chekhov's flaregun.
- Freak Out: It is, after all, a horror movie. Some characters, like Keith, have phobias that don't show up until catastrophic freak outs.
- Foregone Conclusion: Rose being the only survivor.
- Ghostapo: Well preserved nazi zombies!
- Ghost Ship: Lampshaded by the captain.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Cushing's former SS-officer has a scar going over his right eye.
- Gone Horribly Right: The Death Corps project.
- The Hermit: The former SS-officier.
- How We Got Here: The film opens with Rose being rescued from the sea, who then tells us the events leading to it.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They are undead soldiers who are driven by their need to kill.
- Peekaboo Corpse: Rose goes on a swim in the lake, only to run into Dobbs' corpse.
- Spiteful Spit: The SS commander when Keith keeps following him and asking questions.
- Temporary Blindness: Or at least it might've been temporary, but for other events.
- Weakened by the Light: That's why the Death Corps wear goggles.
- Window Pain: Death Corps destory windows and other stuff when they search for protagonists in the house.
- Zombie Gait: Death Corps exhibit a stiff walking style.