Life Is A Funny GameSave Your Legs!
is a 2012 Australian comedy film. It follows the story of Edward "Teddy" Brown and his two mates of a Melbourne cricket team, who travel to India for a tour.
Edward 'Teddy' Brown lives for his suburban cricket club and his two best friends, Rick and Stavros. But when he realizes that his beloved team mates are moving on and growing up, he's forced to take matters into his own hands and remind them of just how good cricket can be. Rallying a boyhood dream and his own teenage obsession, 35 year old Teddy leads his very ordinary cricket team into the extraordinary heart of India, on an audacious three match tour and a mission to meet cricketing legend, Sachin Tendulkar. While Ted's best-laid plans are brought undone by the chaos of India, stumps fly, friendships fray and a life-changing comic adventure unfolds. The dream tour becomes a nightmare and the men are forced to face the realities of their friendship, confront their fears and Ted learns to move with the changing times.
Save Your Legs! contains examples:
- Basement-Dweller: Not with his parents, but Teddy is living in Stavros' garage, much to Stavros' wife's disgust.
- Dodgy Toupee: The Indian cricket official wears a ginger one that fools no one.
- Erudite Stoner: The Prince
- Fixing The Game: Mark deliberately throws the match against the toymakers.
- Intoxication Ensues: Teddy's mates decide he needs to relax and feed him a yoghurt drink laced with hash. Unfortunately, they do this just before he has a dinner meeting with the team sponsor, the local cricket official and his love interest.
- Potty Emergency: Happens to Teddy when he comes down with a bad case of Delhi Belly after eating Indian food.
- Serious Business: D Grade suburban cricket is this to Teddy and Colin. For the rest of the team, not so much.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Stavros derives an immense sense of entitlement from being the Anglers' best player; so much so that he only shows up at half the matches.