Film / Repo Chick
"You guys are repo men. Man, I saw a movie about you."
Disinherited by her family for one public scandal too many, spoiled heiress
Pixxi de la Chasse reluctantly goes to work for a repossession company to make ends meet. Turns out she's really, really good at it. Looking to make a quick score, she fixates on a missing train with a one million dollar bounty - not realizing that the caboose is filled with WMD's
and a squad of eco-terrorists to boot.
A semi/demi/quasi/not-really Stealth Sequel
of Alex Cox's 1984 Cult Classic Repo Man
. Shot in ten days on green screen
, and set in a world of model trains and Matchbox cars, it substitutes celebutards for punk rockers and Terrorists Without a Cause
for Men in Black
This movie provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Subverted. Halfway through the film, Pixxi wakes up in new boyfriend Marco's arms and believes her previous misadventures were this. Then she turns on the TV and sees the train she's been chasing...
- Alpha Bitch/Blondes Are Evil: Pixxi.
- Attention Whore: Pixxi's posse of sycophants spend much of their time filming her for a reality TV show.
- Bandage Mummy: Eggi, after her auto accident.
- Break the Cutie: The reason the De La Chasses disinherited Pixxi to begin with.
- Aguas and Arizona Gray conspire to do likewise, when they realize how good a repo'er Pixxi is.
Arizona Gray: [Referring to Pixxi's repo skills] She's too good.
Arizona Gray: Yep. Look at her stats. Since yesterday, she has ripped five cars...
Arizona Gray: Four homes...
Arizona Gray: Three planes... six shopping malls, and two places of worship.
Aguas: You're saying that if she continues thus, her work will be the standard by which ours is judged?
Arizona Gray: Exactly. We got us a live one, Aguas, filled with boundless energy — ambitious, sadistic, fast.
Aguas: Better add sand to that gas tank.
Arizona Gray: Check.
- The Cameo: Director Cox as the Professor. Doubles as an example of Large Viennese Ham.
- Camp Gay: Pixxi's syncophants Savage Dave and SixSixSix, oh so very much.
- Comically Missing the Point: Pixxi misdialing a phone number.
"Why did you pick up the phone if it's the wrong number, asshole?"
- Conspicuous CGI: Intentionally so.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Pixxi believes getting a job as a repo chick will get her back into her family's good graces — until Daddy reveals he donated her multi-million dollar inheritance to charity. Furious, Pixxi convinces Lola to utilize Hollywood Hacking to wipe out the entire family fortune in return.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Dinner is served.◊
- Down in the Dumps: Lola's junkyard.
- Expy: A German mad scientist in a wheelchair...hmm, that looks familiar.
- Facial Markings: SixSixSix has (surprise!) 666 and a barcode tattooed above his left eye.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Pixxi. Not the sort of name you would expect for a woman who can make grown men run in fear by whispering in their ear, and point a pistol like she means it. She can also throw a solid punch. Counts as a Killer Rabbit if you concentrate on her appearance instead of her name.
- Guns Akimbo: Dr. Lorenzo and henchwoman Giggli.
- Heroes Gone Fishing
- Hollywood Heart Attack: Arizona Gray suffers one moments before pulling the lever that will reroute the train.
- Hostage Situation
- I Know Kung-Faux: SixSixSix attempts this to prevent Arizona Gray from repossessing Pixxi's car. Arizona is not impressed in the slightest.
- Mad Scientist: The Doctor and the Professor.
- Large Ham: Pixxi's father and Sister Duncan.
- Actually, a major chunk of the cast, supplying a craft service table's worth of ham.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: the last scene of the film reveals that everything in Pixxi's reality (in colour) was taking place in the table-top train set in the military command bunker (in black and white).
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: A spoiled, irresponsible, attention-whore heiress with an overblown sense of entitlement and the mistaken belief that everything she touches turns to gold. Gee, whoever could they be referring to?
- Pink Means Feminine: Pixxi's entire wardrobe, up to the very last scene.
- Post Robbery Trauma: A rare real-life example. Halfway through production, thieves broke into the studio, stealing several computers and a Red One professional digital video camera.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Pixxi's latest boyfriend is a dreadlocked Eurotrash rapper/dancer.
- Riddle for the Ages: Whatever Pixxi whispered to the squatter during her first "rip" that caused the entire clan — who'd previously no-sold several warning shots! — to turn tail and flee.
- Shaped Like Itself: Subverted - the page quote above is actually referring to Sunset Boulevard.
- Silly Reason for War: Dr. Lorenzo's Terrorists Without a Cause. They want golf to be outlawed, and the President and his entire cabinet to convert to vegans.
- Spoiled Brat: Pixxi. Duh.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Technology Is Evil: Another real-life example; Cox was not a fan of the Red One camera (the same one that got stolen halfway through the shoot - see Post Robbery Trauma above), writing on his blog that "the hated high-tech camera continues to cause difficulties, problems, and slowdowns."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Dr. Lorenzo to his hostages, pointing out each one's connection to the evils of golf.
- Too Dumb to Live: Pretty much anyone in Pixxi's inner circle.
- Took a Level in Badass: Pixxi, from her first repo gig onward.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Pixxi.
- You Look Familiar: Several original Repo Man actors return in completely different roles.