: About this pile-of-shit pimp in here. In this country, we try to protect the rights of individuals. It's called the Miranda Act
, and it says that you can't even touch his ass.
Danko: I do not want to touch his ass. I want to make him talk!Red Heat
is a 1988 action film directed by Walter Hill and produced by Carolco Pictures
After failing to catch Georgian drug dealer Viktor Rostavili (shortened to "Rosta"), who shot his partner in the process, Soviet cop Ivan Danko (Arnold Schwarzenegger
) is tasked to follow Rosta into the United States and bring him back. There Danko is forced to be a partner to the loose cannon Chicago cop Art Ridzik (James Belushi
), and they both have to learn to work together. It became a minor cult classic in Russia, largely because Ahnold + the Russian langugage = Hilarity Ensues
This film has examples of:
- Game of Chicken: The final confrontation with Rosta and the main characters involves them going against each other with buses in a game of chicken.
- Gang of Hats: The Cleanheads are a gang of Scary Black Men with Balds of Evil.
- Guns Akimbo: Rosta during the motel shootout.
- Hand Cannon: Danko's fictional Podbyrin 9.2mm Pistol, made from a .357 Desert Eagle. Later, he has the pistol taken from him and has to switch for a .44 Magnum, which doesn't impress him much.
Ridzik: Captain Danko, congratulations. You are now the proud owner of the most powerful handgun in the world.
Danko: Soviet Podbyrin, 9.2 millimeter, is world's most powerful handgun.
Oh, come on, everybody knows the .44 Magnum is the big boy on the block. Why do you think Dirty Harry
- High Concept: Soviet / American buddy cop teamup.
- The Informant: Streak, the "pile-of-shit pimp" mentioned in the page quote.
- Your Mom: Viktor calls Ridzik a motherfucker in his native language ("Ebi svoju mamu v zadnicu!"In English ). When translating into English, Danko applies Gosh Dang It to Heck! when he tells Ridzik, "He say, 'Go and kiss your mother's behind.'"