A movie which Hilary Duff made during her Lizzie McGuire phase that many believe showed her acting chops. (The scenes where her character dealt with losing her brother were surprisingly believeable.)Duff plays Terri Fletcher, her usual perky character except with occasional Wangst due to the fact that her brother Paul died in a freak car accident with Terri as a passenger. Terri is "forced" to disobey her Overprotective Dad because it's her destiny to go to music school in Los Angeles (a justification the film thinks is good enough to sermonize), where she finds the usual Stock Characters:
- Jay Corgan (Oliver James): Terri's English boyfriend
- Denise Gilmore (Dana Davis): Terri's Sassy Black roommate
- "Kiwi" Wilson (Johnny Lewis): Fun Personified as a Hollywood Nerd
- Robin Childers (Lauren C. Mayhew): the Alpha Bitch
- Sloane (Kat Dennings): A Goth Deadpan Snarker
- Mr. Torvald (John Corbett): Terri's Cool Teacher
- Covers Always Lie: Look carefully at the image on this page. Paul is included in the group of music students behind Hilary Duff, but in the film he never goes to the music school or meets any of those characters around him. He's dead by the time any of them are introduced.
- Embarrassing First Name: Kiwi's real name turns out to be Engelbert.