A 1986 movie about BMX racing, complete with a heavy amount of '80s slang
, and music. It stars a racer named Cru, who must choose between his a qualifying spot on the upcoming Helltrack BMX race and his SATs toward college, both of which take place on the same day.
This film provides examples of:
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The Mongoose Bicycling Company CEO is pretty mcuh pure evil and rigs the bike races to promote his own riders.
- The Eighties: So much.
- To the point that Cracked described the prom scene as "the most '80s thing you have ever, or will ever, witness in your life, until the almighty hand of God reaches down to take you into his embrace forever and ever, amen".
- Falling in Love Montage: Between Cru and Christian as they go have a day in the woods, throw rocks, and slide into a lake fully clothed.
- Flipping the Bird: Everyone who's seen the film remembers Ray Walston flipping off the CEO.
- Slo-Mo Big Air
- Totally Radical: Need we say more? Hell, it's even in the title!