Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil
is a Slasher Movie
A psychopathic Knight Templar
Father Jonas kills two Hamilton High students during the prom night of 1957. After several failed attempts to help him, the church places him in sedated coma. Over three decades later, he awakens and continues his mission to kill sinners.
This film has the examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: Mark is stabbed through a foot when he's on the roof.
- Auto Erotica: Featured in the opening, with Father Jonas as the mood killer.
- Bertha In The Attic: Father Jonas, before he gets loose.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: The police and the church representatives arrive at the scene after Meagan defeats Father Jonas.
- Christianity is Catholic
- Continuity Nod: Hamilton High is not the main location of the film, but it does appear twice.
- Does Not Like Shoes: After awakening from his catatonic state, Father Jonas spends rest of the movie barefeet.
- Eye Awaken: After being placed in the ambulance, Father Jonas opens his eyes.
- Faux Yay: Laura gets intimate with Jennifer to test if she's gay.
- Final Girl: Meagan.
- Impaled Palm: Father Jonas has stigmata, which fuels his religious fanaticism.
- Kiss of Death: Father Jonas kisses Jeff before crushing his skull.
- Lingerie Scene: Provided by Jennifer and Laura as they prepare for their graduation party.
- Living Statue: After Father Jonas finishes his prayer at the church and leaves, a statue of Jesus turns its head.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Father Jonas, who is either murderously psychotic or actually possessed. Considering how nonchalantly he crushes a guy's head with his bare hands, probably the latter.
- Mooning: Jeff moons the Hamilton High prom attendees.
- Neck Lift: Father Jonas lifts Jonathan by the neck before killing him.
- Numbered Sequels
- Offscreen Teleportation
- Once is Not Enough: After temporarily blinding Father Jonas, Meagan runs away to get the revolver.
- Psychotic Smirk: Father Jonas smirks at Mark before he starts pursuing him.
- The Scourge of God: Father Jonas specifically targets "whores and sinners", so that he can deliver their souls to Jesus Christ.
- Sequel Hook: Father Jonas is alive, and as he opens his eyes, so does Meagan, hinting a connection of some kind between them.
- Shovel Strike: Meagan seemingly defeats Father Jonas by whacking him repeatedly with a shovel, and then trapping him in the burning woodshed with it.
- Shower Scene: Provided by Laura after she has had sex with Jeff.
- Sinister Minister: Father Jonas.
- Slashed Throat: Lisa has her throat slit.
- Stock Footage: Several of the 1957 prom scenes from the second film are recycled, as well as an establishing shot of Hamilton High from the third film.
- Weapon of Choice: Father Jonas's sharpened cross.
- You Look Familiar: Brock Simpson appears again, this time playing Father Colin.