"Do I ice her? Do I marry her?"'Prizzi's Honor is a 1985 film based on a 1982 novel by Richard Condon. Directed by John Huston, the film starred Jack Nicholson, Kathleeen Turner, Robert Loggia and Anjelica Huston, who won an Oscar for her performance.Charley Partanna (Nicholson) is a hit-man for the Prizzi crime family. One day, at a wedding, he meets Irene Walker (Turner), who's also a hit-woman. Charley inadvertently kills her husband, and after a courtship, he marries her. However, Irene has been keeping money her late ex-husband stole from the mob. The Prizzis then hire the two of them to take out each other. But neither knows the other's true identity.
This work features examples of:
- Cop Killer: While the police are normally totally in the pocket of the mafia, after a policeman's wife is killed during a hit, they call off their special arrangement until the killer is turned in or killed.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Irene tosses out a baby (actually a doll) to distract a bodyguard as she goes for her gun. He ignores it and goes for his gun. Irene is not happy:"I can't get over it. What kinda creep wouldn't catch a baby? If it was real it coulda been crippled for life."
- Evil Old Folks: Don Corrado.
- Hey, Catch!: The Baby Doll distraction. Subverted as it doesn't work.
- Idiot Hero: Charley isn't the brightest bulb in the box.
- In Love with the Mark: A two-sided version!
- Living with the Villain: Irene and Charley.
- The Unfavorite: Dominic Prizzi. Whether he's a Jerkass because of this or vice versa remains to be seen.
- The Vamp: Maerose, who can be quite the Manipulative Bitch if needs be.