"Do I ice her? Do I marry her?"'Prizzi's Honor is a 1985 film based on a 1982 novel by Richard Condon. Directed by John Huston, the film starred Jack Nicholson, Kathleeen Turner, Robert Loggia and Anjelica Huston, who won an Oscar for her performance.Charley Partanna is a hit-man for the Prizzi crime family. One day, at a wedding, he meets Irene Walker, who's also a hit-woman. Charley inadvertently kills her husband, and after a courtship, he marries her. However, Irene has been keeping money her late ex-husband stole from the mob. The Prizzis then hire the two of them to take out each other. But neither knows the others' true identity.
This work features examples of:
- Billing Displacement: Robert Loggia receives prominent billing despite a fairly non plot crucial role.
- Cop Killer: While the police are normally totally in the pocket of the mafia, after a policeman's wife is killed during a hit, they call off their special arrangement until the killer is turned in or killed.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Irene tosses out a baby (actually a doll) to distract a bodyguard as she goes for her gun. He ignores it and goes for his gun. Irene is not happy:"I can't get over it. What kinda creep wouldn't catch a baby? If it was real it coulda been crippled for life."
- Evil Old Folks: Don Corrado.
- Hey, Catch!: The Baby Doll distraction. Subverted as it doesn't work.
- In Love with the Mark: A two-sided version!
- Living with the Villain: Irene and Charley.
- The Unfavorite: Dominic Prizzi. Whether he's a Jerkass because of this or vice versa remains to be seen.
- The Vamp: Maerose, who can be quite the Manipulative Bitch if needs be.