Premonition is a 2007 American drama film directed by Mennan Yapo and starring Sandra Bullock and Julian McMahon where Linda Hanson (Sandra Bullock) lives the days of an eventful week in her life out of chronological order.Not to be confused with the J-Horror film Yogen
is its English title).
This movie contains examples Of:
- Abuse Mistake: Before we see how her daughter was injured (running into a sliding glass door that she didn't realize was closed), it seems that several of Linda's loved ones think that she slashed her daughter's face.
- Birth-Death Juxtaposition: After Sandra Bullock's character's husband dies, the ending shows her pregnant a few months later, with the child that she conceived with her husband the night before he died.
- Bitter Sweet Ending
- Black Best Friend:
- Everyone Loves Blondes: The main character's husband about to cheat on her with a blonde.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Linda demands that Jim's coffin be opened to confirm that he's dead (the switching of days has gotten her confused). Judging from the sounds we hear, the camera movements, and everyone's horrified reaction, his head rolls out. Not that we ever see this, mercifully.
- Happily Married: Very well subverted, as Linda clearly thinks they are, only to finally admit that deep down, there are serious problems. Realizing what's going to happen to Jim forces her to press the issue and bring them to this point just before he's killed
- Her Heart Will Go On: The main character manages to reconnect with her husband and does try to save his life before ending up pregnant with their third child.
- Shower Of Love: Linda finds Jim in the shower after yet another day of him being "dead". Interestingly, they don't have sex, she's just content to hold, relieved that he's alive.
- Unstuck in Time: The premise of the film.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Happens constantly throughout; Linda will usually discover something odd only to find herself later causing or (at least being unable to stop) it, despite whatever measures she takes, such as with her husband's death at the end.