Film: Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
"Humans... the other white meat... Unless you're black, then it's dark meat... Or if you are Asian, then it's yellow meat... Or if you are Native American, it's red meat..."Arbie and Wendy just finished high school. They celebrate it by having sex on a burial ground of a local Tromahawk tribe, and during the act they promise that while Wendy is leaving town to study, they will stay true to each other. A year later, Arbie meets Wendy again, on a protest the American Chicken Bunker fast-food net's intrusions against rich cultural history of the area and their slaughter of millions of innocent chickens. But alas — in the meantime, she became a "left-wing lipstick lesbian liberal." In disgust over it, and to spite his ex-girlfriend, Arbie gets a job at the American Chicken Bunker. One problem: that transgression against local cultural history? It's built on that Indian burial ground.It's a Troma movie, and it says all.
This movie contains examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms / Caught with Your Pants Down: Paco jerks off into the meat grinder in one scene, right before a zombie chicken pushes him in it.
- Added Alliterative Appeal:Arbie: "My girlfriend has become a left-wing lipstick lesbian liberal!"
- Bestiality Is Depraved / I Love the Dead: Carl Jr apparently loves to bang chicken carcasses.
- Big Damn Heroes: Humus attempts this with meat steroids, which ends badly. However, she ends up defeating all of the chicken zombies with a suicide bomb.
- Not to mention Paco saving the heroes from the Chief Zombie Chicken after having been eaten by it.
- Body Horror: People turning into chicken zombies are only one example.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When it's discovered the Indian chicken zombies are vulnerable to alcohol, Arbie turns straight to the camera and gives a speech acknowledging the misery the introduction of alcohol brought to Native American communities.
- Burger Fool: American Chicken Bunker.
- Double Entendre: You can guess what kind of jokes the Troma guys couldn't refuse themselves when a chicken zombie was grabbed by throat...
- Fanservice: Plenty of it, and perhaps even more of...
- Fan Disservice: Mikki, Wendy's "girlfriend" looks like a turkey a week after Thanksgiving, before you boil it for soup. This is a Lloyd Kaufman movie. Needless to say, we will see her topless, whether we want to or not.
- Fat, Sweaty Southerner in a White Suit: The ACB guy.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Hummus performs one in the end, using an explosive belt(that she apparently kept hidden under her niqab all the time) to blow up the restaurant and destroy the remaining zombies.
- Hulking Out: Hummus tries to perform a Bigdamn Heroes through this by guzzling up a tank of meat steroids. it doesn't end well for her. she gets better in the ending though.
- Indian Burial Ground:"You fools! This restaurant is built on ancient Tromahawk Tribe sacred Indian Burial Ground! Get out while you still can! Get out! Save yourselves! Save yourselves... Uh, I'll have the Sloppy Jose Value Meal."
- Meaningful Name: All the main characters are named after fast-food chains.
- The Musical: That's right. It's a musical.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: American Chicken Bunker and its KFC Colonel-expy.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Two words: Chicken zombies.
- Portmantitle: Poultrygeist... poultry and poltergeist. See, it's poultry-themed version of Poltergeist!
- Raising the Steaks: Chicken zombies aren't too happy about being eaten.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Terrorists Without a Cause: There's a Muslim ACB employee who sends the others running for cover — in fear of her being one of these — whenever she says things like "I'm gonna explode!", to her understandable dismay. Then it turns out she had a bomb belt under her niqab the entire time. Subverted however since she uses it to destroy the haunted restaurant.
- Title of the Dead
- Toilet Humor: Tons of it. In addition, there are a couple of scenes that show a gross amount of excrement.
- To Serve Man: The chickens get their revenge!
- Weaksauce Weakness: The chicken zombies are vulnerable to alcohol, since they're actually the Native American chicken zombies.