aka: Porkys Revenge
Porky's is a 1982 coming of age film about a group of horny teenagers in 1954 Florida. Extremely raunchy for its time, it set a precedent for other raunchy teen comedies and was the highest grossing Canadian movie of all time for around 30 years.Usually considered one of Bob Clark's best movies. It was also followed by two sequels: Porky's 2: The Next Day and Porky's RevengeNot to be confused with Porky Pig.
Contains Examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Every guy in this movie except for a few older characters (like the elderly principal for example).
- All Women Are Lustful: Just like above, every girl in this movie is horny except Ms. Balbricker.
- Artifact Title: There is no mention at all of Porky or his bar in the second movie.
- Bad Ass: Porky is referred to as a "Bad Ass Redneck".
- Bad Ass Teacher: Balbricker doesn't take perverted boys very lightly, especially those spying on her students while they're taking a shower. Tommy finds this out the hard way, (no pun intended). Balbricker goes as far as pulling down Tommy’s pants to show police about his actions when she goes through the process on having him arrested for spying on girls as they were taking a shower.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: The Sheriff of Wallace County and his deputies. They have no problem harassing the kids and busting up their car after getting kicked out of Porky's. It also doesn't help that the Sheriff and Porky are brothers.
- Battleaxe Nurse: Balbricker.
- Berserk Button: Showing your privates through a peek hole that viewing the girls’ showers area is sure fire way of getting Coach Balbricker to go after you.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Tommy is introducing all the boys (who are naked to be inspected for disease) to the prostitute Cherry Forever.Tommy: Cherry, this here is the pride of Angel Beach. Anthony Tuperelli, affectionately known as "Meat."Cherry Forever: My God, the boy's deformed!
- Irony: Reportedly, the actor playing Meat was modestly endowed, and the actor playing Pee Wee was well hung.
- Deep South: Half the movie takes place in the swampy Gator ridden backwoods of Florida.
- Fanservice: The shower room scene.
- Follow the Leader: Just about every teen sex comedy since 1982 has borrowed a thing or two from this film.
- Flynning: Justified in Porky's II, as it's a high school performance of the final fight scene from Macbeth. Taken to the next level when one of the prop swords breaks and they continue miming the fight until they get a "replacement" sword: A store window dummy's leg. Complete with fishnet stocking and a bright red high-heeled shoe.
- Gonky Femme: The ugly, mannish female gym teacher Ms. Ballbricker who had up to that point been an antagonist to the fellows, is revealed to have a soft feminine side when she thinks a man is in love (or at least lust) with her.
- Good Bad Girl: Wendy
- Intimate Marks: Mrs. Ballbreaker sees one of the boys' penises when he sticks it through a peephole in the girls' shower room. She says that she can identify the penis by a mole on it, and insists that the principal let her examine all the boys in order to find the culprit. The principal refuses.
- Large and In Charge: Porky.
- Platonic Prostitution: Cherry Forever (that's her name) doesn't get paid to have sex but to help with a prank.
- Quote-to-Quote Combat: In Porky's II, the school Shakespeare production is being shut down by a group of hyper-conservative religious nuts who think Shakespeare is immoral. They quote out of context dirty Shakespeare passages (of which there are many) to support their cause. But the school principal, who supports the show, goes quote-for-quote against them using The Bible as his source of smutty sayings.
- Scary Black Man: Subverted, He's only scary in the context of a prank, in reality he cracks up and has a good time alongside the boys.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: The plot revolves around the guys trying to get Edward "Pee-Wee" Morris Laid.
- Spiritual Successor: American Pie is basically a remake of this film, except in the Midwest instead of the Deep South.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Ms. Honeywell's nickname is Lassie because during sex she howls loud enough to disrupt an entire gym.
- Teeny Weenie: Where Meat got the bigger end of the spectrum, there's no secret what Pee Wee's main problem is. Even the prostitute they hire can't help but crack jokes at his expense.
- See Irony above.
- Trash the Set: After Mickey is beaten by Porky, to the point where he has to be hospitalized. The Gang take revenge by tearing down Porky's bar in a well planned, spectacular wreck.
- Troubled Sympathetic Bigot: Tim Cavanaugh, who eventually stands up to the abusive father who warped him this way.
- Wrong Insult Offence: A stupid racist high schooler taunts a Jewish high schooler by talking about "wanting to go fly a kite." The Jewish kid calmly explains that the word he's looking for is "kike."