Film: Pirates of the Great Salt Lake
Kirk: Do you know what our problem is?
Flint: Financing sir?
Kirk: No, it's that damn Johnny Depp.An obscure film but beloved within its cult following, Pirates of the Great Salt Lake is the heart-warming tale of two modern would be pirates... wandering around the Great Salt Lake.A 2006 Mollywood comedy, we follow two out-of-luck smoes as they
This Film contains examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys The reason Ruby isn't interested in Flint, and why she is interested after he shows up as a pirate.
- Angel Unaware possibly the narrator.
- Audience? What Audience?: after Kirk dies, he can see the narrator but not the audience the narrator is talking to.Kirk: I think he's talking to that grove of trees...
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Butt Monkey: Drake, but only after he kills Kirk, so it's well deserved.
- Chekhov's Gun: The hole the narrator digs in the first scene. Also doubles as a Chekhov's Gag
- Coming-Out Story The scene where Kirk tells his mother he's a pirate is played out like this one for laughs.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Kirk's mother walks in on him rubbing his wooden sword while watching a video of two pirates in swordplay.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Kirk's Mom has...issues.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Identical Stranger: Many of the actors play multiple parts, not just as a money-saving technique but for definite laughs.
- Inspector Javert: Detective Anderson
- Magical Native American: The Narrator. Played for laughs, although the ending hints he might be an angel. Or maybe just nuts.
- Mood Whiplash The movies makes a fast turn to the dramatic when Drake murders Kirk and then swings back when Kirk reappears as a ghost two minutes later.
- Theme Park Version: Kirk and Flint take most of their cues from old pirate movies, but do get the griminess right. Later when Drake dresses up as part of a scam, he takes this Up to Eleven with something he obviously bought from a cheap costume store.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
- Rule of Funny
- Talk Like a Pirate