; or Up With Dead People
is a 2008 independent film directed by Bruce La Bruce
, with the acting talents of Marcel Schlutt, Katharina Klewinghaus and introducing Jey Crisfar as Otto. The movie tells the story of a handsome teenage zombie that awakes from the dead and roams the city trying to make a living.
- Bleached Underpants: Despite of the few pornographic scenes, which are short and kinda softcore, Bruce La Bruce has directed straightforward pornographic films, and compared to his previous works, this looks pretty tame.
- Marcel Schultz is another example, since he is a recognized gay porn actor.
- Bury Your Gays: averted, the film features explicit gay and lesbian content
- Cute Monster Girl: Otto is a rare male example.
- Fauxlosophical Narration: Medea provides such speeches in her movies.
- Gorn: Quite literally.
- Le Film Artistique: The films that Medea Yarn directs are straight examples.
- This film itself is a mild example, as it features very long shots with static cam, anachronic order, creepy music, seemingly unconnected scenes and other common associated tropes
- Lipstick Lesbian: Medea Yarn and her girlfriend, Hellabent.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: It's implied Otto may not actually be a zombie, but just have a mental disorder that makes him act like one. Although, he bit a guy earlier in the film who thus turned into a zombie, so...
- Our Zombies Are Different: The zombies in the film have a conscience and keep part of their personality, but their memories of the time they were alive are blurry.
- Perky Goth: Hella, but Medea has her moments
- Porn with Plot: As a typical La Bruce film, but with more plot than porn
- Pretty in Mink: Medea wears a black fur coat when she meets her girlfriend.
- Prima Donna Director: Medea.
- Retraux: Hella has a weird atmosphere that makes everything around her to look like a black and white silent film
- Rummage Sale Reject: Otto's outfit, he is mistaken for goth in-universe, but on the internet has been classified as either punk or emo.
- To make things clear, he is dressed with skinny jeans, combat boots, a striped gray and black sweater, a white shirt, black necktie and a black hoodie.
- Straight Gay: Most of the actors starring in Medea's movie are, Fritz is the most prominent example.