Film: Musashi Dream Of The Last Samurai
Musashi: Dream of the Last Samurai is a documentary about Miyamoto Musashi directed by Mizuho Nishikubo and written by Mamoru Oshii that seeks to explain the motivation for everything he did in history. It contains a mixture of comical 3D CG, 2D animation of Musashi himself, and video footage of real places.
This work contains examples of the following tropes:
- Alternate Character Interpretation — The purpose of the film.
- Bishounen — Sasaki Kojiro, as usual.
- Genre Throwback — Some of the animated sequences are in the style of old silent movies.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran — This film's interpretation of Musashi.
- Single-Stroke Battle — Musashi vs. Kojiro, as usual.
- Would Hurt a Child — Musashi