The F & B Ambulance Co. is looking for a few good men... but they will take any body they can get.
Essentially a full-length exercise in Getting Crap Past the Radar*
, this 1976 Black Comedy
focuses on an independent ambulance company in competition with another independent ambulance company for a contract with the City of Los Angeles. The cast includes:
This film provides examples of
- Anti-Hero: Mother.
- The Big Guy: Rodeo.
- Black Comedy
- Buxom Is Better: Jugs!
- The Casanova: Murdoch.
- The Chick: Jugs!
- Also Mrs. Fishbine, the naive sort.
- Cool Car: Mother's customized Chevrolet Sport Van ambulance.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Harry Fishbine, of the low-rent sort.
- Dirty Cop: Speed. Maybe.
- Drunk Driver: Mother. Probably.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Murdoch climbing in with an overdosed co-ed and getting undressed.
- Hey, It's That Girl!: The junkie is Toni Basil.
- The Lancer: Speed.
- Leroy, Mother's previous partner, also qualifies.
- The Medic: Speed was an ambulance driver in Vietnam.
- Modesty Bedsheet: likely several bedsheets with Speed and Jugs in the back of an ambulance.
- Mood Whiplash: quite a few. For example: Murdoch wanting to rape an unconscious co-ed, a desperate junkie killing Leroy then herself, and a woman giving birth in Mother's ambulance then dying.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- Recycled: The Series: The failed TV pilot Mother, Juggs & Speed. The extra "g" is because her surname became "Juggston".
- Scary Black Man: Mother can be when he's drunk.
- The Stoner: Murdoch.
- Token Minority: Mother is the only person of color in his company.