A Made-for-TV Movie that aired on the Disney Channel back in 1990, this stars Gordon, a seemingly normal kid who wakes up to discover that he is the son of Mother Goose (played by Jean Stapleton), and that he lives in the magical Rhymeland. Gordon meets up with Little Bo Peep (played by Shelley Duvall) as they later team up to rescue his mother. Along the way, they meet up with several other familiar "Rhymies", or nursery rhyme characters, played by an All-Star Cast.
This film contains examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The scene with Peter Piper and his Pickled Pepper Patch. Gordon and Bo start to use alliteration along with him.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Old King Cole (Little Richard) sends Gordon to the dungeon for "bumming him out".
- Fish-Eye Lens: Just about every scene uses one.
- Hurricane of Puns: Humpty Dumpty.
- Monochrome to Color: When Gordon visits the Three Blind Mice's office, the scene is in black and white.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:Gordon: Another. Perfect. Day.
- Re Cut: Three different versions.
- The VHS cut, which is the original.
- The Disney Channel cut, which shifts some scenes around, cuts others for time, and adds extra background music to fill in silent parts.
- The Shelley Duvall's Rock n' Rhymeland cut, which is similar to the above.
- The Cameo: Jessica Rabbit makes a cameo appearance in the movie. She is seen coming out of the three blind mice's office
- Tomato in the Mirror: Gordon turns out to be the very first "Rhymie" Mother Goose created, whom she chose to raise as her own son after the rhyme didn't turn out all the good.