Mobsters is a 1991 crime film starring Christian Slater, Patrick Dempsey, Richard Grieco and Costas Mandylor as the younger versions of crime bosses Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegel and Frank Costello. The movie costars Lara Flynn Boyle, F. Murray Abraham, Anthony Quinn and Michael Gambon.
- Alliterative Name: Mara Motes.
- Did Not Get the Girl: What was supposed to be a hit for Lucky, it was Mara that get's wacked in bed while Lucky makes coffee.
- The Dragon: Rocco for Don Fanzano and Catania for Don Masseria.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Hero: Lucky Luciano is the charismatic leader of the gang.
- The Lancer: Meyer Lansky is Lucky's adviser and planner.
- The Big Guy: Bugsy Siegel is shown as firey and "hands-on".
- The Smart Guy: Frank Costello is reserved and typically the most "background" of the four.
- The Chick: Mara is a sort of conscience for Lucky.
- The Mafia: Naturally—with an "all-star" collection: Lucky Luciano, Frank Costello, Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegel, and even Al Capone as a quick One-Scene Wonder.
- Mob War: Manipulated by Lucky and Company to wipe out the old order and set up a new one.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Lucky and his friends' rise to power in the Mafia (and their setting up of the "Commission" structure we all know and love) is portrayed sort-of more-or-less as it happened...with added romance and revenge elements.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Not "now" so much as "what happened after"—what each of the four wiseguys are known for in Mafia history (such as Bugsy's reputation for "building" Las Vegas).