In the decade of action films, the Missing In Action
series is a trilogy of action films (one a prequel and the other a sequel) starring Chuck Norris
playing the role of Colonel James Braddock, a Vietnam
Not to be confused with Never Found the Body
, the actual missing-in-action trope.
These films provide examples of:
open/close all folders
Missing in Action
- Disc One Final Boss: General Trau was killed 35 minutes into the film. From then on he is replaced by an unnamed general.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Braddock hooks up with an old army buddy in Thailand, leading to plenty of gratuituous fanservice involving totally naked bar girls. One notable scene has Braddock talking to a bartender; as he walks offscreen a beautiful naked Thai girl is placed on the bar for no apparent reason (security for a bar tab?).
- Jumping on a Grenade: Braddock is so Bad Ass he jumps holding a couple of grenades, surviving the subsequent explosion without loss of limbs.
- Note:It was just a nightmare Braddock had, not an actual event.
- Never Found the Body: The POWs who were declared MIA.
- Non-Action Big Bad: General Trau is the only villain in the series who doesn't fight Braddock.
- You Shall Not Pass: Tuck takes over the gunboat when its previous owner was killed by a patrol boat. The outcome is exactly as one might expect.
Missing in Action 2: The Beginning
Braddock: Missing in Action 3