is a film made in 1992 about a 9-year-old psychopath who longs for a loving family after being abused by his original family. When he feels that his foster families don't love him, he murders them or anyone else who makes him angry. The film starred Brian Bonsall as the title character. Movie here
Tropes featured in this film include:
- Abusive Parents: Mikey was abused by his biological parents, this is the reason why Mikey is such a little psycho.
- Adults Are Useless: No one believes Ben and Jessie about Mikey's sociopathic behavior until it's too late.
- Axe Crazy: Mikey
- The Bad Guy Wins
- Banned In Britain: Because of the James Bulger murder note at the time (and the BBFC objecting to the Villain Protagonist being a psychopathic little boy who murders people — including a four-year-old girl — and getting away with it), this film never saw the light of day in the U.K.
- Batter Up: Mikey's weapon against his dad.
- Cassandra Truth
- Character Title
- Creepy Child: Mikey, with creepy drawings too.
- Critical Psychoanalysis Failure: Possibly due to him being a very good actor but none of the doctors realize a thing.
- Double Entendre: Everything Mikey says to Niel and Rachel in their introduction is a massive hint to what he did to his other set of parents.
- Enfant Terrible: Again, Mikey.
- Evil Orphan: Guess who.
- Genre Blindness: For a man who claims to love horror movies, Mr. Jenkins isn't aware he's in one.
- Here We Go Again: "Are you going to be my new Mommy and Daddy?"
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Great, now Ferris Bueller's dad has another bad kid to deal with!
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Mikey's main motivation
- Karma Houdini: Mikey gets away with two sets of murders.
- Kill The Kitten: Poor Rosie..
- Kids Are Cruel:
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Rosie's and David's deaths.
- Male Gaze: Mikey certainly like to give Jessie a good looking...
- Manipulative Bastard: Mikey.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: The moment you knew Jessie had a boyfriend you knew he wouldn't last the film.
- Obviously Evil: In the first five minutes of the film, Mikey kills his little sister and one set of parents.
- Playing Against Type: Brian Bonsall as the title character
- Recycled IN SPACE!: The film is like The Stepfather, but with a boy instead of a man.
- Stalker with a Crush: Mikey towards Jessie, watching her undress, sneaking into her room, the usual.
- Self-Made Orphan: Mikey kills both sets of adoptive parents he receives
- Too Dumb to Live: Rachel, she sees the video tape of David's murder and getting attacked by Mikey with a hammer she doesn't leave the house
- Mr. Jenkins sees a woman murdered with a hammer lying on the floor next to him and has EVERY reason to believe that the kid currently pointing an arrow at him did it. To be fair, he realizes that Mikey is not gonna put it down and shoots first, but the gun seems to be empty... so he stands the same place and fires five more times without even considering moving aside.
- Totally Radical: They do actually say 'radical'.