Directed by Ringo Lam, Maximum Risk is a 1996 action film starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Natasha Henstridge.
- Backup Twin: The film starts with Alain learning that he had a twin, and starts investigating his death.
- Elevator Action Sequence: A nicely vicious one. The confined space really does not lend itself to Mr Van Damme's usual fighting style.
- Fruit Cart: This counts, at least as a play on the trope: Jean-Claude Van Damme is in a chase scene where he's driving a fruit cart. It is, of course, destroyed at the end.
- The Mafiya: The main antagonists.
- Separated at Birth: One of the twins dies before the start of the movie but not before finding out all about his long lost brother, and forcing the brother to pose as him to uncover who killed him.
- Slaughterhouse Fight: Alain finds himself in such situation, as he is chased by a chainsaw wielding bad guy.