Film: Man With A Plan
"How many teats a Holstein got?"1996 film about elderly Vermont hill-farmer Fred Tuttle who ran for Congress against a well-funded city-slicker incumbent, initially because it was the only way he could think to make a six-digit salary with a fourth-grade education.
This film provides examples of;
- Catch Phrase: "Spread Fred".
- The Danza: Tuttle was playing himself.
- Defictionalization: In 1998 Tuttle sought, and won, the Republican Congressional nomination against a rich city-slicker who had moved from out of state just to run. Then he turned around, bowed out and endorsed his general-election opponent, saying that he doesn't want to win, because then he'd have to move to Washington.
- Drink Order: Fred is fond of Moxie, while his opponent had a Perrier on camera during their debate.
- Name's the Same: The Middle School in South Burlington, VT is named after a different Fred Tuttle (they both even had the same middle initial.)