Film: Man Getting Hit By Football
Ouch!Man Getting Hit By Football
is a classic short film made by and starring Hans Moleman
, created for a film festival in his small town of Springfield (the creator never told us which one
). The premise is simple, it's about a man getting hit by a football
. The film was not well-received when it was released note
. However it went on to be Vindicated by History
, getting itself a successful remake which earned George C. Scott an Oscar
The original can be viewed here.
- Dark Horse Victory: The remake, rumors persist Charles Montgomery Burns had bribed the judge's panel to get his own entry to win. Ironically, he had also submitted an entry to the same festival that premiered the original. While he came in second place during the festival, his film wasn't as lucky at the Oscars. Ironically, the director of Football cheered Burns' film with a hearty "Boo-urns!"
- Downer Ending: The man gets hit by a football and is left while cringing in pain.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's about a man. Who gets hit by a football.
- Groin Attack: It happens to the eponymous man.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: The person who threw the football.
- Karma Houdini: The person who threw the football
- Minimalism: The entire film consists of a simple shot of actor Hans Moleman's house.
- Narrator All Along: The narrator, Hans Moleman ("Man getting hit by footbaaaAAAAaaaaall"), turns out in a shocking Plot Twist to be the man hit by the football.
- One-Hit KO: Well, the man does get incapacitated by a single football hitting him in the groin.
- The Remake: Featuring George C. Scott and the bonus line "Aaagh! My groin!"
- Sadist Show: Certainly evident by some viewers, such as one unknown judge of the Springfield Film Festival who was reported to fall into hysterical laughter upon seeing it.
- Short Film: Short doesn't begin to describe this film. It may as well be The Ugly Barnacle of films.
- Spoiler Title: We all know what what the ending is...