2006 movie directed by Tyler Perry
. While planning her family reunion, the pistol-packing grandma, Mabel "Madea" Simmons, must contend with the other dramas on her plate, including the runaway who has been placed under her care, and her troubled nieces, half-sisters Lisa and Vanessa.
- Abusive Parents: Victoria is emotionally abusive to both her daughters even though they're now adults. She makes it perfectly clear to Vanessa's face that she thinks her children are bastards and wishes she never gave birth to her, and keeps Lisa wrapped around her finger so she can use her trust fund. There's also the fact that she let Lisa's father rape Vanessa with a clear conscience.
- The way Madea handles her foster kid veers into this territory.
- Atlanta: Takes place there.
- Been There, Shaped History: Parodied when Madea tells the wedding planner "I shot Tupac!" and then mentions she's referring to a separate incident other than the performer's death.
- Broken Bird: Vanessa, and she is trying very hard to overcome it. She eventually does.
- Victoria herself has been broken since her junky mother sold her for "ten dollars and a fix."
- Bully Hunter: The school bully on the bus discovers what happens if one fails to know who the foster parent when targeting Nikki. He should’ve been on the outlook for three simple words: Mabel “Madea” Simmons.
- Chekhov's Gun: About the boiling hot grits.
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off
- Dirty Old Man: Joe, Madea's brother.
- Domestic Abuser: Carlos, Lisa's fiance.
- Establishing Shot: A very long one at the beginning to show that it is in Atlanta.
- Evil Matriarch: Vanessa and Lisa's mother, Victoria and how.
- Falling in Love Montage: Vanessa and Frankie, and an inversion later on with Carlos and Lisa showing how much he abused her.
- Family Disunion
- Insane Troll Logic: Victoria tries to rationalize the fact that she let her second husband, Lisa's father and Vanessa's stepfather, rape Vanessa in order to get him to stay, saying that Vanessa "saved the family". Vanessa flat out asks Victoria if she's insane. Victoria responds "I'm a realist".
- Insult Backfire: When told by Vanessa that she was going to rot in hell, Victoria responds "I vacation there!"
- Rape as Drama: Vanessa was dolled up for her stepfather to rape her so that he wouldn't leave her mother.
- Rich Bitch: Victoria, or more rather, she has the "Bitch" part down pat but for "Rich?" She's pretty much broke and has been draining the trust fund Lisa's father set up for her to maintain her wealthy image, which is why she's been trying to make sure Lisa marries Carlos.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Vanessa and Frankie.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: The wedding planner tells Madea this.
- Would Hit a Girl: Well, Carlos isn't the film's antagonist for nothing...
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You?: Invoked by Victoria, who tells Lisa to simply stop doing whatever it is she does that makes Carlos hit her when Lisa tells her Carlos has been abusing her. This is during the first few minutes of the film and acts as Victoria's Establishing Character Moment when immediately after Victoria orders her lunch as if Lisa just commented on the passing weather.
- Why Waste a Wedding?: Near the end, Lisa decides to cancel her wedding to Carlos after he abused her. The wedding planner laments that her lavish Paris-themed wedding will not be used. Vanessa's boyfriend Frankie decides to propose to her right then. She accepts and they get married.