Lord Love a Duck is a 1966 Black Comedy film directed by George Axelrod and starring Roddy McDowall and Tuesday Weld. It was adapted from a novel of the same name by Al Hine.The plot revolves around the attempts of high school student Alan Musgrave (McDowall) to win the heart of Barbara Ann Green (Weld) by granting her every wish. The film satirizes various elements of the pop culture of its day, particularly "teen" movies.
This film provides examples of:
- Auto Erotica: Subverted. Alan drives Barbara Ann to the local make-out spot — with the express purpose of loudly disrupting the necking couples.
- Divorce Requires Death:Stella Bernard: In our family we don't divorce our men; we bury 'em!
- Fashion-Shop Fashion Show: See below.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: While loudly disrupting couples at the make-out spot, Alan angers a huge muscleman. Alan then affects an old-timey 'fisticuffs' position, the muscleman gleefully goes in for the kill... and Alan beats the stuffings out of him.
- Sweater Girl: Barbara Ann wants sweaters so that she'll fit in with the 'in' crowd, and goes shopping for them with her father. The scene with her trying on the sweaters in front of him is rather disturbing.