Film: Little Alvin and the Mini-Munks
Between 1999 and 2005, Bagdasarian Productions released three direct-to-videos based on the '80s Alvin and the Chipmunks series.The third and thus far final direct-to-video film came out called Little Alvin and the Mini-Munks. Janice Karman wrote and created the film, Ross Bagdasarian Jr. produced the film, Jerry Rees directed the film and it was released by Paramount Home Entertainment. Unlike the first two, the film is live action with puppettry used for the Chipmunks, the Chipettes, PC the frog, Gilda the cockatoo and Sam & Lou the two gophers.Dave drops off the Chipmunks and Chipettes at his friend Lalu's house so he can spend the weekend working on a song. So the Chipmunks and Chipettes spend a magical weekend at Laluís cottage.NOTE: Tropes under here are specifically for the 2005 Direct-to-Video movie.
- Tropes exclusive to the whole franchise go in Franchise.Alvin and the Chipmunks;
- Tropes exclusive to the '60s cartoon series go in The Alvin Show;
- Tropes exclusive to the '80s cartoon series go in WesternAnimation.Alvin and the Chipmunks;
- Tropes exclusive to the 1987 animated film go in The Chipmunk Adventure;
- Tropes exclusive to the other Direct-to-Video movies go either in:
- Tropes exclusive to the live action/CGI movies go in Film.Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Little Alvin and the Mini-Munks provide examples of the following tropes:
- all lowercase letters: The "A" on Alvin's shirt.
- Ambiguously Gay: The two gophers are seen ballroom dancing together.
- Animate Inanimate Object: The toilet... oooh the toilet...
- Art Shift: When the gophers go inside a character's head.
- Baby Talk: Uum... the Chipmunks and Chipettes who are portrayed as preschooler age, except for Eleanor, who for some reason is a baby.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The two gophers, Sam and Lou, do this.
- Double Take: Happens when Lalu is reading a story to Brittany and Alvin with Gilda watching when Simon appears all wet:Lalu: (she, along with Brittany, Alvin & Gilda looks at Simon) Simon, why are you all wet?
Simon: The toilet exploded.
Gilda, Brittany, Alvin & Lalu: Oh.
(all four look back at the book, then look back at Simon)
Lalu: The toilet exploded?
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Brittany seems to have a speech impediment like saying "lipick" instead of "lipstick", "Nette" instead "Jeanette" or "Gilla" for "Gilda".
- Extreme Omnivore: Jeanette eating lipstick.
- Fainting: Gilda, twice.
- Fat and Skinny: Lou Gopher & Sam Gopher, respectively.
- Forgot About Her Flight: Gilda, a cockatoo, is scared by the two gophers wrapped in tin foil and falls out instead of flying away.
- Fun with Flushing: Theodore overflowing the toilet.
- I Told You So: Said by Gilda when Lalu runs up stairs to check the overflowed toilet, chiding about how children can cause nothing but trouble.
- Live-Action Adaptation: Itís the only movie in which Janice Karman and Ross Bagdasarian Jr. appeared in live action. The Chipettes, The Chipmunks, PC, Gilda, Lou and Sam are puppets.
- Overly Long Tongue: PC uses his tongue to rock Eleanorís cradle. It helps that heís a frog.
- Random Events Plot: The film has Dave put the Chipmunks and the Chipettes under the care of a woman named Lalu for a few days, and the screentime is filled out with things varying from Theodore overflowing the toilet with toys, to Alvin and Simon fighting over a cape, to Jeanette eating Brittany's lipstick and having to make money to buy a new one for her (while wearing a ridiculous costume to help Lalu clean up).
- Shout-Out: See the main shout out page for the franchise.
- Spock Speak: Jeanette hardly uses any contractions.
- Surfer Dude: PC sounds like one.
- Talk to the Wing: Gilda says this when PC asks her to kiss him.
- Those Two Gophers: Sam and Lou.
- Voice Actors
- Water Drop Hello: A drop of water splattered the page of the book Lalu's reading to Alvin and Brittany with Gilda watching. It's revealed to be Simon, who's all wet from toilet water.