Drunken, not StirredLife of the Party
is a 2005 Dramedy movie which tells the story of Michael Elgin, former high school track star and current alcoholic. After he borrows, and subsequently wrecks, his friends mint car, his friends and family stage an intervention including friends, co-workers, his parents, his wife, and his girlfriend. Problem is, the therapist who was intended to guide them through it never shows up, forcing the interventionists to wing it...
This movie contains examples of:
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Michael's mother.
- Drunk Driver: It's the straw that breaks the camel's back, leading to the intervention.
- Life of the Party: Michael sees himself as the fun version of this. Through the movie, he learns that people actually see him as the obnoxious sort.
- Russian Roulette: Michael plays this with his friends, claiming to have left only one bullet in the gun, and repeatedly pulling the trigger as he points it at them and himself. He left that bullet in his pocket.
- Staging an Intervention: It's the main plot with the twist being that the therapist doesn't show up and the people involved try to wing it.
- Your Cheating Heart: During the intervention, all four former members of the track team admit to having either committed infidelity or having had it committed against them.