Leonard Part 6
is a 1987 big-screen comedy for Bill Cosby
— and so notoriously bad that Cosby himself told people not to see it
. Ended up becoming a Box Office Bomb
and a huge winner at the Razzie Awards
The story is ostensibly the sixth great adventure of top CIA agent Leonard Parker (Cosby), the others remaining classified for now. Leonard has gained a wide variety of eccentric skills over the years, and now that he's been brought out of retirement to stop a plot by evil vegetarians who plan to train animals to kill people, he'll have to use most all of them to save the day...and his relationships with his ex-wife and daughter, while he's at it.
- Animal Assassin
- Award Bait Song: "Without You", performed by Peabo Bryson (a few years before he became one of the go-to guys for this trope) and Regina Belle. It was actually a radio hit.
- Evil Vegetarian: Medusa.
- Food Slap: Leonard ends up wearing most of the meal when he dines with his estranged wife - both times.
- Fruit of The Loon: The film made a point of depicting the vegetarian villain look extra-crazy by having her always eating fruit while she ordered around her mooks and pursuing her wacky plans. Mind you, this is a food-obsessed movie anyway.
Medusa: Grape me!!
- Kitchen Chase: Monroe is shooting at Leonard with a revolver, switches to an uzi, then switches to another revolver, and his shooting "accidentally" opens a bag of coffee beans into a coffee grinder, breaks a couple eggs for frying, and punctures a carton of oil which some eager chefs help themselves to for cooking.
- Product Placement: One scene contains a refrigerator full of Coca-Cola cans (Columbia Pictures' owner at the time), whose labels are all conveniently facing the camera. Elsewhere, a table with a huge stack of Lava Soap bars upon it appears backstage at a theater, and Alka-Seltzer proves vital to the climax. Roger Ebert went into a rant about this while reviewing the film on Siskel And Ebert; see Berserk Button on the series' page for the full quote.
- Retroactive Legacy
- Road Trip Across the Street
- Self Surgery: Played for laughs as Bill Cosby's character removes a bullet from his own shoulder.
- Un Installment: We never did see Parts 1 through 5...
- Unusual Weapon Mounting
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The chefs from Leonard's restaurant don't think much of a hitman attempting to murder their boss...
- Your Head Asplode: This happens to one of Medusa's mooks in the climax, as the unexpected-by-anyone result of Leonard forcing him to taste meat.