"No one can take your kidney... but me."Koma is a Psychological Thriller from Hong Kong directed by Chi-Leung Law.A complicated Love Triangle emerges during an investigation into the theft of a woman's kidney during a wedding party. Chi Ching (Angelica Lee, The Eye) reports a suspicious woman to the police only to find that the woman in question, Suen Ling (Karena Lam) has had an affair with Chi's boyfriend, Raymond (Andy Hui).Tensions rise as a game of cat and mouse begins to play out, with Ching worried that Ling means her harm. When Ling ends up rescuing Ching from a mysterious assailant the latter attempts to mend ways and start an unlikely friendship. Soon, however, the truth begins to unravel and both find themselves on the brink of unspeakable danger.Not to be confused with the Iranian film Komaa.
The film contains examples of:
- Axe Crazy - Ching at the film's climax.
- Be Careful What You Wish For - Ching's kidney transplant at the end of the film.
- Billy Needs An Organ - Ching has a weak kidney and needs a new one.
- Defrosting the Ice Queen - Ching attempts to do this with Ling.
- Eye Scream - One character is stabbed in the eye with a needle.
- Foreign Language Title - 'Koma' means 'Help' in Cantonese.
- Love Triangle
- Organ Theft - The crux of the film.
- Pet the Dog - Ling looks after her sick and bedridden mother.
- The Reveal - Ling has been in cahoots with the organ thief all along.
- Rich Bitch - Ching is initially viewed this way by Ling.
- Two Lines, No Waiting - The organ theft storyline interweaves with the relationship between Ching and Ling before coming together at the end.
- Unwanted Revival - Sort of. When Ching wakes up at the end to find out that she now has Ling's kidney, she screams at the doctors to take it out.
- Yandere - Ling is essentially this.