Film: Just Married
Just Married is a 2003 romantic comedy starring Ashton Kutcher and the late Brittany Murphy.
This film provides examples of:
- The Ace: Peter Prentiss.
- Brick Joke: The stewardess who gets her nose broken by an airplane lavatory door when Tom and Sarah try to join the Mile-High Club.
- Butt Monkey / Chew Toy: Tom. He gets hit in the head with a 10 lb ashtray and receives a cavity search in an Italian airport, among other things.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Sarah's dad (and pretty much her entire family) hates Tom.
- Eagleland: Tom acts like a very stereotypical American tourist who only cares about sports and beer.
- How We Got Here: The film opens with the couple splitting up after the disaster of a honeymoon and then it returns to show the events leading up to this.
- I Know Karate: Peter tells Tom this. He also pronounces it "ka-ra-TAY".
- Jerk Ass: Tom. Also, pretty much everyone in Sarah's family, except her mother.
- The European lady who pushes Tom and Sarah's rental car off a cliff, then flips them off.
- Kafka Komedy
- Mile-High Club: Tom and Sarah try to join it on their way to Europe. It doesn't go well.
- The Millstone: Kyle, Tom's immature and loud-mouthed best friend.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Tom and Sarah accuse each other of this towards the end, although to be fair, neither of them were completely innocent.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Tom gets one from Sarah's father and from the snooty manager of the ritzy French hotel they go to.
- Rich Bitch: Sarah, although her sister is a much better example of this trope.
- You Can Always Tell a Liar: Tom's flared nostrils are a dead giveaway for Sarah.