House of the Wolf Man
is a Retraux
horror film meant as a sequel to Universal studios' Monster Mash
features, directed by Eben McGarr (Sick Girl
Five people are invited into Reinhardt residence to compete over its inheritance. As they ponder over their mysterious connection to the family line they have never heard of, it becomes apparent that their host Dr. Bela Reinhardt (Ron Chaney) has a more sinister purpose for them to be there.
This film has the examples of:
- All in the Eyes: Dracula eyes are highlighted as he stands on the doorway.
- Chain Pain: The Monster grabs a chain momentarily to whale on the Wolf Man during their fight.
- Child by Rape: Elmira and Sully realize that the connection between all the heirs is that their mothers were "attacked" in the past, with them as a result.
- Dead Guy Junior: Dr. Bela Reinhardt was named after his mother's brother Bela.
- Death by Childbirth: The "attack" on Whitlock's mother was brutal, and he notes that it is a miracle that she managed to hang to life long enough to give birth to him.
- Dedication: The film is dedicated to Michael R. Thomas, who played Dracula.
- Great White Hunter: Whitlock, who has hunted every kind of game on the face of the earth.
- Left Hanging: Dracula makes a grand entrance, greets the two combating creatures... and the film ends, with no continuation in sight.
- Magic Versus Science: The purpose of Dr. Reinhardt's experiment is to find out if his condition is a genetic mutation or an actual magical curse, and if either of them could pass onto his children.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Reinhardt. It runs in the family.
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: The fight between the Monster and Wolf Man takes place inside an old abandoned laboratory.
- Neck Lift: The Monster appears with perfect timing to grab the Wolf Man by its throat from midair.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Dracula appears as a Classical Movie Vampire, but his brides look like Orlock (all three are even credited as "Nosferatu").
- Portrait Painting Peephole: All potential heirs have such portraits in their rooms so that they can be spied on.
- The Reveal:
- Dr. Reinhardt's real surname? Frankenstein.
- Chapel twins were actually adopted, and are not related to their host.
- Frankenstein's Monster is imprisoned in the basement.
- Vampire Invitation: Dracula waits patiently on the doorway for an invitation before he steps inside.
- The X of Y: The film's title.