Film: House of Bones
A 2010 SyFy Original horror movie. Noteable in that the quality is surprisingly good for it being a SyFy Original Movie.Sinister Sites, a Show Within a Show meant to be an obvious Ghost Hunters parody, investigates a supposedly Haunted House down in South Louisiana. Things are going fine until a few odd things start happening, and one of the production assistants vanishes by being sucked into the house - turns out it's kind of hungry.The rest of the movie details the efforts of the rest of the crew as they attempt to stay alive. The house, however, isn't too keen on being denied a meal.
This movie contains the following tropes:
- Betrayal at House on the Hill - This movie bears many similarities to the board game.
- Black Dude Dies
- Cameo - By one of our own contributors, no less. Wahrheit is an extra in the studio - the tall, black-haired man with the spiked collar.
- Made even better by the fact that I was an art assistant on the movie. The director needed an extra for the scene, and asked me to play... an art assistant. -Wahrheit
- Creepy Doll - Oh so many.
- Don't Go in the Woods - Quentin meets his end this way.
- Downer Ending - The house wins.
- Eye Scream - Poor Simon.
- Face-Heel Turn - Tom decides to become the house's caretaker.
- Final Girl - Averted.
- Fingore - Well, toegore. And a near miss when Simon cuts his hand.
- Gross-Up Close-Up - Simon's eye.
- Haunted House - Of course.
- Homicide Machines - Chucky
- Infant Immortality - Subverted in the prologue.
- I Know You Are In There Somewhere Fight
- Kensington Gore
- Kill 'em All - Everybody's dead, Dave.
- Scary Black Man - The attic.
- The Power of Blood - Type AB. The house feeds on blood and bodies to maintain itself.
- Torture Cellar - More like a Torture Attic.