Film: House II: The Second Story
A sequel to House, released in 1987.Jesse has just moved into an old family mansion. Rummaging through old things, he learns that his grandfather's grandfather found a priceless crystal skull, and hid it in his grave. Jesse and and his buddy Charlie go digging, but instead of claiming the skull and becoming rich beyond their wildest dreams, they now have to look after a 170-year old zombie and protect the said skull from dark forces.
This film has the examples of:
- Almighty Janitor: Bill Towner, an electrician with knowledge about alternate dimensions, a swashbuckling hero and a guy just doing his job.
- Big Bad: Slim Reeser's ghost is still seeking the skull, and must be stopped from claiming it.
- Cat Scare: Grandpa is alerted by noises coming from the fireplace, but it's just Bippy. He is then jumped by three extredimensional Mayans.
- Comicbook Adaptation: By Marvel Comics.
- Crystal Skull: The MacGuffin that drives the plot
- Dead Guy Junior: Main protagonist Jesse was named after his grandfather's now-a-zombie-grandfather Jesse.
- Denser and Wackier: While the first movie was no grimfest, The Second Story is still much more lighthearted.
- Don't Call Me Sir: Grandpa Jesse's reaction when he's referred to as "Sir".Don't call me sir, I ain't no politician!
- Ghost Town: The climactic fight between Jesse and Slim (mostly) takes its place in an abandoned western town.
- Guttural Growler: Slim, delivered by none other than Frank Welker.
- Lighter and Softer: It's the only film in the series to not get an "R" rating.
- Mirror Scare: During their showdown, Slim surprises Jesse by appearing in a mirror.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Bippy, a dog with a caterpillar body that was found in the Triassic period and brought to modern times by the main characters.
- Rasputinian Death: Since he is a ghost, Slim takes a lot of bullets before going down.
- Robbing the Dead: Realizing that Jesse McLaughlin was buried with the skull, Jesse and Charlie dig him up.
- Rodents of Unusual Size. When the Barbarian tries to kill Charlie, a prehistoric rodents sneaks up behind him and snatches him up.
- Shout-Out: The Barbarian's full name in the credits is Arnold the Barbarian.
- Virgin Sacrifice: After entering the alternate Mayan dimension, the protagonists end foiling a virgin sacrifice involving the crystal skull.
- What Year Is This?: Naturally, when Grandpa Jesse gets up from his grave, he wants to know what year is it.