Harriet The Spy : Blog Wars is a Disney Channel
produced by 9 Story Entertainment that adapted from the original Harriet the Spy
book and film adaptation.
Harriet begins the new term at her private school determined to become the new class blogger, a job that had previously gone uncontested to Marion Hawthorne
. She starts off her blog by exposing people for who they really are
, but everybody is bored by it, around the same time her father begins to produce the new Spy Teen
movie. She posts a blog about Skander Hill
in which she criticizes him but her classmates completely missing the point
and she just goes with it. Her two best friends see this as a beginning of her descent into uncharted grounds.
With lies piling up and her continuous stalking of Skander, her friends get angry at her, Skander becomes increasingly scared of a teenage girl
, her nanny Golly keeping secrets and Marion demanding more and more proof, will Harriet be able to come out on top with her blog intact?
This Movie Provides Exaples Of:
- 10-Minute Retirement: Unlike the original Nickelodeon movie, Harriet's friends leaving her and Golly leaving Harriet's house took up the last third of the movie. Even when they make up, it's rushed and they act like nothing happened.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: A majority of the cast suffers from this.
- Harriet's original actress, Michelle Trachtenberg, has dark brown hair while Jennifer Stone has auburn hair.
- Golly originally had black hair and now she's a blonde.
- Alpha Bitch: Marion.
- Attention Whore: She never says it, but it's possible this is what Marion thinks Harriet is.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Golly, Janie, and Harriet.
- Camp Gay: Skander's costume designer seems to have shades of this.
- Chekhov's Gun: A throwaway line about Skander never advancing in his career due to being associated with the
High School Musical
- Comically Missing the Point: Harriet's mother mistakes Harriet's disdain and selfish interest in Skander as a crush. If only she knew how wrong she was.
- Easily Forgiven: Done so much here, it's very unbelievable.
- First, Mr. Welsh takes in an interest in his daughter's blog after he learns she had been the one following Skander everywhere. Any normal parent would have yelled at her for terrorizing their star and ruining their production.
- Second, Golly immediately forgives Harriet for following her and starts asking her questions about her trying to pass off her lie as Skander's friend.
- Thirdly, Janie and Sport forgive her and talk about Skander's freak-out.
- Finally, Skander rejoices in Harriet's viral video boosting his career instead of destroying it. He has every reason to file a restraining order against Harriet and/or sue her for violating his privacy.
- Fiery Redhead: Harriet seems to have dark red/auburn hair, but she's pretty feisty all the same.
- Granola Girl: Janie
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Ali and Clare somehow work their way into a Disney Channel movie.
- IN SPACE!: Spy Teen is a High School Musical parody With Spies!
- Isn't It Ironic?: Sport, who canít really play any sports.
- Never My Fault: Mrs. Welsh failed to recognize her daughter's recent behavior towards Skander is partly her doing. That is, until Golly points this out.
- Nonindicative Name: The movie actually has more spying than blogging.
- Parody: Spy Teen of High School Musical, it even has itís own Sing Along DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Pac-Man Fever: Spy Teen The Game a 3D, but unbelievably crappy-looking Sprite/Polygon Mix, and it comes complete with Button Mashing and Arcade Sounds.
- Official Couple: Subverted since the tabloids think Skander and Harriet are dating. They've even supplied the couple name "Skanarriet".
- Original Character: Skander and Coop are one of the few new characters in the movie.
- Sequel Gap: There is a fourteen year gap between this and the original.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Harriet seems to be this for Skander.
- Stalker with a Crush: Her mother accuses her of being this when she finds a copy of Skander's schedule in her room.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Expect this to happen whenever Janie and test tubes are involved.
- Teen Genius: Janie
- What the Hell, Hero?: A few characters call Harriet out on her behavior:
- Golly is shocked to discover Harriet was spying on her and and had been following her around town for a while.
- Harriet's father and mother demanded to know why Harriet was stalking Skander and had taken in an obsessive interest in someone she claimed she hated.
- Janie and Sport call Harriet out on her Marion-like behavior and spending more time with Marion than her real friends.
- You Are What You Hate: Harriet's behavior soon transforms into that of a Skander fan and Marion.
- You're Just Jealous: Harriet thinks this was why Janie and Sport were cutting ties with her.
- This may be the reason why Marion posted the video of Skander saying he hates his fans. Either that, or it was her way of trying to eliminate the competition and ruin Skander's career at the same time.