Ghoulies series is a franchise of B-Movie horror comedies originating from the mid 80's.The eponymous Ghoulies are familiars that are summoned for various reasons in these films, with hilarity ensuing.
Examples in these films:
- Alcohol Hic: Affects one of the Ghoulies in the third film when they start drinking.
- All Part of the Show: Ghoulies' antics in II are mistaken for being part of the ghost house show.
- Amusement Park of Doom: The setting of II descends into one when the Ghoulies decide to take their mayhem to the next level.
- An Arm and a Leg: One clown loses his arm to a Ghoulie in II.
- Back from the Dead: Malcolm Graves is accidentally revived in the first movie.
- Bat out of Hell: The flying Ghoulie in II.
- Belly Mouth: Prof. Ragnar in the third film develops one.
- Big Bad: Malcolm Graves in the first film.
- Big Damn Heroes: Wolfgang provides one in the first movie when he reveals that he too has powers over magic.
- Body Horror: The tongue scene from the first film.
- The Can Kicked Him: As promised by the poster, but only in II.
- Cats Are Mean: The Cat Ghoulie in II.
- Creepy Doll: The possessed jester doll in the first movie.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The plunger death in the third movie.
- Crusty Caretaker: Wolfgang in the first film.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: Used in the first film's Sequel Hook.
- Deus Sex Machina: Averted in the first film.
- Developing Doomed Characters
- Excited Show Title!: Third film's subtitle; Ghoulies Go to College!
- Groin Attack: May or may not be the cause of death to the Corrupt Corporate Executive in II who locks himself in a trailer and sits down to take a dump without realizing that a Ghoulie is hiding in the john - whether the Ghoulie killed him by biting off his privates or biting into his rear is anyone's guess.
- Hollywood Satanism: The reason for Ghoulies' existence.
- Ms. Fanservice: Veronica from the 3rd movie spends a lot of time in her underwear. She also gets out of it in her shower scene.
- Numbered Sequels
- Rise from Your Grave: Malcolm Graves rises from his grave screaming in the first movie.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
- You Have to Believe Me: Averted: "Larry has said there is trouble in the Den. When he says there is no more trouble, we go."