Ghost Shark is a Sy Fy Channel Original Movie released on August 22, 2013. The director, Griff Furst, previously directed Swamp Shark for Syfy. Coincidentally, the film was released a month after Syfy's SharknadoIn the film, a great white shark is tortured and killed by fishermen, and its remains coincidentally fall on a cave once used as a sacred burial ground. This allows it to return as a ghost who can attack anywhere near water, no matter how little (even a bucket.) A group of teens from a near town learn about the creature and try to warn the people but are, predictably, ignored. They then decide to stop the attacks themselves.
The film includes the following tropes:
- The Alcoholic
- Conspicuous CG: While the shark in the film is portrayed by an animatronic most of the time, there are quite a few instances of this.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: There's a shark, and it's a g-g-g-g-ghost!
- Expy The animatronic shark in the film is a dead ringer for the animatronic shark in Jaws
- Fold Spindle Mutilation: The mayor gets hauled into the toilet butt-first.
- Infant Immortality: Averted at least three times.
- Justified Trope: The shark comes back not just because it was "murdered" but because of ancient magic.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Sacrificial Lamb: In Micks small amount of scenes he proves that he can't swim very fast nor can he climb out of a pool or onto a boat by himself not to mention he's the fattest character in the group of protagonists in a movie about a vengeful and hungry ghost shark.
- Shout-Out: Several to Jaws
- Threatening Shark