Ghost Dad is a movie. It's a Family Picture starring Bill Cosby
, middle-aged widower with three children. After an incident with an insane Taxi cab driver, it is apparent that he is dead and now a ghost who can only be seen in darkness. Realizing that he has not arranged for life-insurance for his three children, he attempts to return to work to close a merger with his company so that the money could provide for them. Hilarity Ensues
The movie contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Cosby's character convinces the crazy Satanist cab driver that he's actually Satan incarnate. Cosby had previously portrayed Satan in the Disney movie The Devil and Max Devlin.
- Drives Like Crazy: The Satanist cab driver takes him on a wild ride, often not even looking at the road.
- Gender-Blender Name: Edith is not a boy's name. It is the name of an elderly Englishman who was named after his grandmother.
- Hollywood Satanism
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Being a ghost is genetic. Like haemophilia. And you don't have to be dead. Like Sickle-cell anaemia.
- Papa Wolf: After hearing his daughter's boyfriend tell him rudely to put his daughter on the phone, Cosby goes through the phone to choke him and say never to talk to, look at, or think of her ever again.
- Reaching Between the Lines
- Star-Derailing Role: As the film didn't do so well, Bill Cosby's career in film became as dead as he was in the film.
- The Taxi