is a fantasy-comedy movie starring Bill Cosby
as a middle-aged widower with three children. After an incident with an insane taxicab driver, it is apparent that he is dead and now a ghost who can only be seen in darkness. Realizing that he has not arranged for life-insurance for his three children, he attempts to return to work to close a merger with his company so that the money could provide for them. Hilarity Ensues
The movie contains examples of:
- Drives Like Crazy: The Satanist cab driver takes him on a wild ride, often not even looking at the road.
- Gender-Blender Name: Edith is not a boy's name. It is the name of an elderly Englishman who was named after his grandmother.
- Hollywood Satanism: The taxi driver demands that Bill Cosby "accept the Lord Satan as the Supreme Being," something that a real-life Satanist would probably never do. Then again he's batshit insane, which is a weak justification.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: The ability to become a ghost after death is genetic. Like haemophilia or sickle-cell anaemia. And you don't have to be dead.
- Papa Wolf: After hearing his daughter's boyfriend tell him rudely to put his daughter on the phone, Cosby goes through the phone to choke him and say never to talk to, look at, or think of her ever again.
- Reaching Between the Lines
- The Taxi
- Unexplained Recovery: The insane Taxi cab driver despite being in the same taxi that fell off a bridge turns off alive and driving another taxi at the end of the film.