Film: Game Over: Control-Alt-Death
Game Over: Control Alt Death is a bit of an unusual movie. For starters, it was composed mainly of FMV cutscenes from old, forgotten Sega CD games. On top of that, it features "stars" like Yasmine Bleeth and Walter Koenig... who only appear in the recycled FMV footage, and the latter of whom is entirely overdubbed by a child actor. Even worse, it was released direct-to-video by a company called York Entertainment. And the back of the box promises features like "Spanish Subtitles" and, yes, "Menus".What could possibly go wrong?In case you're not able to comprehend how epically weird this movie is, a trailer is available here, and at least some of the FMV cutscenes which make up most of the movie are available elsewhere on YouTube.
Game Over: Control Alt Death provides examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Our villain for this film.
- Lady Not Appearing In This Film: The topless woman in vinyl pants on the DVD cover. In Spoony's words, "And before you get too excited about that, this woman does not appear topless in the movie, nobody goes topless in this movie. In fact, this woman does not appear at all in this movie."
- Large Ham: Practically every actor in the movie.
- Playful Hacker: The protagonist.
- Stock Footage: All of the virtual reality scenes are taken from FMV games including Quaterback Attack with Mike Ditka, Supreme Warrior, Prize Fighter, Corpse Killer and the unreleased FMV game Maximum Surge (where a majority of the footage is taken from).
- Techno Babble: Raised to an art form. At one point, a scientist mentions that an evil AI was able to use his vast intellect to spontaneously generate new technologies like force fields. And he didn't have to do any R&D or engineering, nor did he need any materials or labor to construct the damn thing. Yeah.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: The main character bleeds profusely while losing a boxing game.