Film: Fun Size
Fun Size is a 2012 teen comedy starring Victoria Justice, Jane Levy, Chelsea Handler, Thomas Mann and Johnny Knoxville.Cleveland teen Wren and her best friend April get invited to a Halloween party thrown by the hottest guy in school. Unfortunately, her mom makes her watch her little brother Albert during the night. He gets lost and Wren goes through the whole town searching for him while he gets caught up in a little adventure of his own.The directorial debut of Josh Schwartz, and the second Nickelodeon movie to be rated PG-13.If you're looking for the trope, click here.
This film provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Roosevelt, but Wren has her moments.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Albert
- The Alleged Car: Roosevelt's moms' Volvo.
- Asian and Nerdy: Peng
- Between My Legs: Shot shown frequently in the commercials, of the girl cosplaying as Galaxy Scout.
- Cake Eater: Kevin, Joy's 26-year-old boyfriend.
- Cool Loser: Wren and April.
- Darker and Edgier: Not dark, per se, but definitely edgier for a Nickelodeon movie.
- Dawson Casting: A high schooler (19-year-old Victoria Justice) goes with her best friend from school (baby-faced, but tired-looking, 23-year-old Jane Levy) to a Halloween party to be with a "boy" from school (26-year-old Thomas McDonell). Chelsea Handler plays the mom, 11 years older than McDonell.
- Deadpan Snarker: Both Wren and April.
- Disappeared Dad: Wren and Albert's father is recently deceased, and Wren, Joy, and Albert's personal ways of coping with his death are their defining character traits.
- Has Two Mommies: Roosevelt. They're also...
- Hippie Parents
- Hollywood Nerd: Roosevelt
- Not What It Looks Like:Fuzzy: I am not trying to lure a kid into my car!
- A man gets caught reading Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Pair the Spares: April and Peng hook up by the end.
- Police Are Useless
- Precision F-Strike: An S-bomb is dropped four times.
- Shout-Out: The tagline for the movie may remind some of a less family-friendly wild-night-out movie.
- Toilet Humor: A fair amount.
- The Voiceless: Albert until the end.