Film: Father's Day
A 2011 film from Troma Studios, written and directed by Astron6.When his father is raped and murdered, leaving himself and his younger sister Chelsea as orphans, Crazed vigilante Ahab becomes obsessed with bringing justice to the one responsible, Chris Fuchman, also known as the father's day killer. After accidentally killing an innocent man, Ahab is sentenced to ten years in prison. When his time is served, he retreats to the seclusion of the forest.Fuchman targets the father of Twink, a teen hustler. Discovering the killings have resumed, Ahab's old mentor, the ailing Father O'Flynn, sends John Sullivan, a young priest, to retrieve Ahab, who resumes his quest for vengeance. After Chelsea is kidnapped, Twink, Ahab and Sullivan set off to rescue her and take down the Fuchman once and for all. However, the group quickly discovers that the killer is more dangerous than he seems...Not to be confused with the 1997 Robin Williams movie.
This film provides examples of:
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Turns out this can be problematic, if youíre aiming for a lower plane of existence.
- Big Bad: Chris Fuchman, The Fatherís Day Killer also known as the Fuckmanicus.
- Brother-Sister Incest : While he didnít know that Chelsea has been possessed by the Fuckmanicus, Ahab was only slightly apprehensive about sleeping with his own sister. Did we mention this was a Troma film?
- Butt Monkey: Father Sullivan
- Crapsack World: Given that God is also the devil this comes with the territory.
- Coming-Out Story: Twink. Itís implied his hustling is just a way to get by, and not something he enjoys. Itís also implied he has feelings for Walnut, his pimp. After Chelsea is rescued, or so they think, he experiments with being straight (despite even the female prostitutes he employs telling him heís gay) eventually learning to embrace his homosexuality.
- Death by Sex: The very act of impregnating a woman is enough to send the Fatherís Day killer after you.
- Executive Meddling: Tromaís relationship with writing/directing team Astron 6 eventually soured, due in part to the former releasing a cut of the film that was 10 minutes longer than the preferred directorís cut.
- Eye Scream: Young Ahab has his eyeball plucked out by the Big Bad.
- Fetus Terrible: Ahab unwittingly impregnates the Fuckmanicus with one.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Averted. Twink and Ahab are sent to a nightmarish version of hell after killing themselves, though it doesn't resemble the stereotype.
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: John ascends to this sort of heaven, only to fight his way out in order to get to hell.
- God Is Evil: Turns out God and the Devil are the same person, who happens to be a dick.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Averted. While Chelsea isnít exactly a good girl, her aborting the next Fuckmanicus is one of the few things that would prevent a downer ending.
- Greater Scope Villain: God
- Male Frontal Nudity: Father Sullivan, who wakes up naked post Mushroom Samba. Also Chris Fuchman, who combines this with a self-inflicted Groin Attack.
- Mr. Fanservice: Father Sullivan
- Mushroom Samba: The three male leads get high off of toxic berries.
- Nay-Theist: Father Sullivan, a Catholic priest, becomes this after Father OíFlynnís death. This turns out to be entirely justified, given what we later learn about God.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Father Sullivanís sermon, after his disillusionment with God.
- Shout-Out: Ahab wears an eyepatch, stays at the Queequay motel, and is hunting down a man in the name of vengeance.
- The fake trailer during the commercial break is for an obvious parody of Star Wars.
- Tear Jerker: Young Ahab and Chelsea being separated. Also Walnut confessing his love for Twink at the end, though whether it was the real Walnut or just a lure to lead Twink into a trap is hard to say.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Father O'Flynn's book, which explains the secrets behind the Fuckmanicus.
- The Twink: Twink, obviously, though he isnít as Camp Gay as his appearance would suggest.