Film: Evil Bong
Evil Bong is a Direct-to-Video Stoner Comedy made by the horror movie studio Full Moon Features.A group of college Stoners order a hookah from a magazine ad which claims that it is possessed. Those that smoke from the hookah, Eebee, are transported into a fantasy world with killer strippers and characters from other Full Moon flicks.Cameos include Phil Fondacaro as his character from the Full Moon release Decadent Evil, Bill Moseley and Tommy Chong, who is advertised as the film's star.The sequels are King Bong and The Wrath of Bong.
Tropes associated with the series include:
- 3-D Movie: King Bong is advertised as being "in 3-D if you're stoned". While The Wrath of Bong actually is in 3-D.
- Covers Always Lie: Tommy Chong appears in the end of the first movie in what is pretty much an extended cameo. The image frequently associated with the film is in the actual movie, but Chong is not the star. Also applies to the Evil Bong-O-Rama box set, where this image is the only one seen on the front cover, even though Chong had no involvement with either sequel.
- Everybody Must Get Stoned: No one questions the strange things they see after smoking from Eebee. Despite the fact that marijuana does not cause hallucination.
- Fanservice: Each of the Evil Bong movies has scenes featuring naked breasts. The actresses playing the Poontang Tribe in King Bong are famous porn stars.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: With The Gingerdead Man.
- Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror: Despite being advertised as "horror/comedy", the Evil Bong movies are predominately comedies. King Bong isn't even a horror movie, but a combination of stoner comedy and fantasy/adventure, along the lines of King Kong, the movie it is parodying.
- Stoners Are Funny: Enjoying this movie requires that you either think that stoners are funny, or you are one yourself.