A 1988 film starring Jim Varney as his signature character, Ernest P. Worrell
. In it, Ernest has to save Christmas by helping Santa Claus, who has been incarcerated after trying to track down a man who has been chosen to be the next Santa. It's up to Ernest to get Santa out of jail and get a hold of Joe, the man chosen to be the next Santa.
- '80s Hair: Harmony has this.
- An Ass Kicking Christmas: Joe is being forced to star in a movie that is essentially this, but it goes against his morals.
- Bare Your Midriff: Harmony's outfit.
- Berserk Button: The director of "Christmas Slay" sure knows how to tick Santa off. "Terrorize children on Christmas?!"
- Beware the Nice Ones: Santa punches the director of the sci-fi/horror movie Joe's up for in the face after learning how meanspirited it is, giving him a black eye.
- Face Cam: Just like in the Ernest P. Worrell commercials, the movie includes a brief scene from Vern's POV.
- Friend to All Children: Joe Carruthers , which is why he's the perfect candidate to be Santa's replacement.
- How Can Santa Deliver All Those Toys?: Ernest gives an answer that's just plain Technobabble.
- Hyperspace Wardrobe: As with every Ernest movie.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Harmony eventually comes to this realization after she steals Santa's magic toysack.
- Overly-Long Gag: "M." "V." "M." "V." "M." "V." "M." "V."
- "Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree...oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree."
- Product Placement: Surprisingly averted, seeing as the film is set in Orlando. Although there was a scene filmed at Disney's Hollywood Studios, it was not portrayed as such.
- The Runaway: Harmony, a teenage girl Ernest picks up while driving his taxi and who tags along for most of the movie.
- Santa Claus
- Santa Was Right: Santa's respective belief in both Joe and Harmony ultimately pays off by the end.
- Saving Christmas: See above.
- Shout-Out: To Star Wars when Ernest hits "Priority Delivery" mode on the sleigh and the sleigh suddenly accelerates within a light pattern much like the Millennium Falcon going into light speed.
- And then the sleigh flies circles around the world, similar to Superman.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The checkin attendant at the airport hardly bats an eye when Santa gives his name and then the two elves later in the movie.