Dream Home (維多利亞壹號 Wai dor lei ah yut ho, lit. Victoria No. 1)
"A 2007's survey shows that the average monthly income of Hong Kong people is HK$10,100. But there are still 24% of people who aren't up to that line yet. Since the handover, Hong Kong's income rate has increased by 1%. But in 2007 alone, house prices shot up by 15%. In Hong Kong, a flat of 600 square feet costs more than HK$7 million. Flats with harbor view can reach HK$30,000 (US$3,200) per square foot. In a crazy city, if one is to survive, he's got to be more crazy."
— The Opening
is a 2010 Hong Kong Slasher Movie
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- Abusive Parents: In a flashback, Sheung's frustrated father hits her while she is fighting with her brother, but is instantly remorseful.
- Accidental Murder: While in a manic state, the wounded second prostitute slits Officer Man's throat.
- Aerith and Bob
- Agony of the Feet: Sheung gets knifed through the foot.
- All Hallows Eve: Though it's completely incidental to the plot.
- Anachronic Order
- Atop a Mountain of Corpses: One DVD cover◊.
- Based on a Great Big Lie
- Bloodbath Villain Origin
- Blood from the Mouth
- Boom, Headshot: Officer Fat's death.
- Breast Attack: The second prostitute gets shot in the breast.
- The Can Kicked Him: The first prostitute gets her head bashed into a toilet until it breaks.
- Carry a Big Stick: The second prostitute has a broken wooden plank forced down her throat.
- Cute But Psycho: Sheung.
- Death By Falling Over: While struggling with Sheung, a man falls over and lands on a table jaw first, apparently breaking his neck.
- Death by Sex: On Jai and the second prostitute.
- Delinquent Hair: Blondie's blue mohawk.
- Disposable Sex Worker: A pair of victims.
- Drop the Hammer: Sheung deals with some locked doors by merely smashing the nobs with a mallet.
- Eye Scream: A maid gets stabbed in the back out the head and out an eye with a screwdriver.
- Fingore: Blondie loses some fingers when Sheung rips the knife out of him.
- Freudian Excuse: Flashbacks chronicle Sheung's obsession with this particular apartment, starting as far back as 1991.
- Golf Clubbing: A businessman gets whacked with one of his own clubs.
- Gorn: Verging on Torture Porn.
- Gratuitous English
- Groin Attack: While struggling with Cheung Jai, Sheung kicks him in the nuts, and later she slices On Jai's dick off.
- Gross-Up Close-Up
- Gutted Like A Fish: Blondie, though it doesn't kill him.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday
- Hong Kong
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: On Jai, repeatedly.
- Impromptu Tracheotomy: Cheung Jai gets stabbed in the neck with a broken bong.
- Improvised Weapon: Sheung attacks a man with a golf club and a clothing iron, and stabs Cheung Jai with a shattered bong after he breaks it against her head.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Sheung's father.
- It's All My Fault: Sheung blames herself for her mother's death.
- Karma Houdini
- Knife Nut
- Meganekko: One of Sheung's coworkers.
- The Mistress: Sheung, to an unnamed businessman.
- Nameless Narrative
- The Nineties: When most of the flashbacks take place.
- No Tell Motel
- One Last Smoke: With his guts literally hanging out, Blondie tries to take one last puff of a joint. Unfortunately...
"Shit, it's gone out."
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Blondie.
- Self-Made Orphan: In order to ease her financial burdens, Sheung lets her father die when she could have easily saved him.
- Sexy Packaging: A Blu-ray cover◊.
- Slashed Throat: While attempting to get the flex cuff wrapped around his neck off, the building guard ends up slitting his own throat with a box cutter. Later, Officer Man gets his throat slashed by the deranged and injured second prostitute.
- Spiritual Successor: Could potentially be seen as one to the rather crappy 1987 slasher Open House, which was about a homeless man murdering real estate agents, angry over his lot and life and inability to acquire a place of his own.
- The Stoner: Cheung Jai and On Jai.
- Those Two Guys: Cheung Jai and On Jai.
- Three-Way Sex: Cheung Jai and a prostitutes are up to it, but On Jai isn't, since last time they had one, Cheung Jai accidentally gave him a facial.
- Tin Can Telephone: What Sheung uses to communicate with her childhood friend, Jimmy.
- Title In
- Token Minority: The Filipino maid.
- The Triads and the Tongs: They appear in a flashback, forcing people out of their homes.
- Two Lines, No Waiting: The main storyline, and the one chronicled in flashbacks.
- Turn of the Millennium: 2007, with the occasional flashback to an earlier year.
- Unnaturally Blue Lighting
- Weapons That Suck: Sheung sticks a bag over a woman's head, then sucks all the air out with a vacuum.
- Villain Protagonist
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot
- Would Hurt a Child: The vacuum bag victim was pregnant.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Blondie.
- Your Cheating Heart: Who isn't cheating in this?