Film: Dead End
2003 horror movie directed by Jean-Baptiste Andrea and Fabrice Canepa.Christmas Eve. On his way to his in-laws with his family, Frank Harrington decides to try a shortcut, for the first time in 20 years. It turns out to be the biggest mistake of his life.
This movie provides examples of:
- Alien Geometries: The road continues infinitely, and attempting to walk off it just leads right back to it.
- Infant Immortality Subverted
- Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror: Mostly lurks on the horror side, but bounces into comedy at unexpected moments.
- Someone to Remember Him By Though she knew she was pregnant beforehand
- Space Whale Aesop About falling asleep at the wheel
- Too Dumb to Live: Masturbating and smoking pot while your family is lost in the woods is a good way to end up on the wrong end of the morality scale