''Clockstoppers'' is a 2002 film, directed by Creator/JonathanFrakes, that follows the story of OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent Zak Gibbs (Jesse Bradford), who stumbles upon an AppliedPhlebotinum watch that allows him to [[TimeStandsStill stop time]] (okay, technically, it gives the wearer SuperSpeed and alters their perception of time). Before long, he's tangled up in a conspiracy as Quantum Tech, the company developing the technology, comes after him and will stop at nothing to get it back.
!!''Clockstoppers'' provides examples of:
* AdultsAreUseless: [[AvertedTrope Averted]]. The two main characters are teenagers, but they're only as competent as any other teenager could be expected to be in the situation. Without the help of Dopler, they would never have succeeded.
* ArtisticLicensePhysics: If a person were really sped up in such a way, placing your hand on a table would have the effect of slapping it hard. Running at a wall would hit it with the force of a car, which sounds nice but remember your skeleton isn't reinforced to handle that. Worse, your molecules would be vibrating at such a speed that anything you touch would [[IncendiaryExponent light on fire]]. It could be said that these kinks have been worked out of using the watch normally. Zak's dad [[LampShading points this out]] when Zak prepares to use the watch while in hypertime.
* BigBad: Henry Gates
* BlackBestFriend: Meeker
* CastFromLifespan: You age normally in hypertime.
* ChangedMyMindKid: Dopler at first refuses to accompany Zak and Francesca into Quantum Tech headquarters, claiming he's too frightened of the place after what he went through in there at the hand of Gates. However, just when it looks like the heroes are going to fail, he returns to save the day.
* ChekhovsGun: Near the beginning of the film, Meeker is shown at his job at a sports and hobby shop working with paintball guns. Liquid nitrogen-loaded paintball guns later get used in the climax.
* ConvectionSchmonvection: The blobs of liquid nitrogen instantly freeze an entire human. In this case, though, the person would have to cool down from the point of contact with the liquid nitrogen. At best, you could take out a joint or an arm instantly, but not the whole person at once.
* CoversAlwaysLie: From the cover, you'd think Meeker has a much bigger role than he actually has. Going by screen time and billing, logically it should be French Stewart as Dopler in his place. Of course, French Stewart, as he looks in this movie, won't sell so many boxes.
* CreatorCameo: The film's director is an extra in one scene.
* TheDragon: Richard is this to Gates, along with Jay they're almost always by his side.
* FamilyFriendlyFirearms: How do you stop a person in Hypertime? With paintballs loaded with liquid nitrogen, of course.
* HarmlessFreezing: Characters who get frozen with liquid nitrogen are not harmed in any way except for feeling cold. Dopler does point out that it ''hurts'', however.
* [[IHaveYourWife I Have Your Dad]]: The bad guys kidnap Zak's dad to work for them.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Dopler is one of these; kind of a prick but, considering all he's been through, you can't really blame him, and he definitely comes through at the end.
* KnightOfCerebus: The Quantum Tech conspiracy in general, and Henry Gates in specific (as its leader) seek to control Hypertime technology to usurp control of the NSA to TakeOverTheWorld and have no problem threatening to kill people (even teenagers) in order to get what they want.
* MeaningfulName: "Meeker"
* MoralDissonance: Some of Zak and Francesca's pranks while time is frozen skirt the line between funny and sadistic.
* MundaneUtility: With vast time-stopping power at his fingertips, Zak chooses to pull pranks and impress Francesca. Then again, [[JustifiedTrope he is a teenager trying to get with a hot girl]].
* OohMeAccentsSlipping: Francesca drops her Hispanic accent partway through the film. The novelization explains this as her accent being one she deliberately puts on to mock people who think she can't speak English. If she isn't making fun of someone, she doesn't use it.
* OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent: The protagonists.
* PhlebotinumBreakdown: The hypertime device malfunctions after Zak gets it wet.
* PowerGlows: [[spoiler:When Zak uses the watch while already in the hypertime chamber]].
* ReluctantMadScientist: Dopler. Unusually for this trope, he's called out on (and mocked for) the damage he's caused.
* ShoutOut: During their pranking spree with the watch, Francesca tells Zak to "[[Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration Make it so, Number One.]]"
--->'''Francesca''': [[LampshadeHanging What?]] We also watch ''Franchise/StarTrek'' in Venezuela!
* StereotypeFlip: Meeker, the black guy, is a much worse DJ than his white rival.
* ThisIsAsFarAsIGo: Dopler refuses to accompany Zak and Francesca into Quantum Tech headquarters.
* ThoseTwoBadGuys: Richard and Jay.
* TimeStandsStill: Hypertime. Although it's more like "you are going so fast everything else looks like it's standing still".
* TokenTrio: Zak, Francesca and Meeker on the cover.
* TotallyRadical: Dopler's speech patterns make sense for the 20-something he really is. However, as he's been aged to about his early 50s, it comes across as this. Zak even mocks it in the film.
* UpToEleven: What happens when you're already in hypertime, and you go ''even faster''? At the end of the film, we find out.
* WhenYouComingHomeDad: Zak's father is certainly well-meaning, but doesn't have much time for his family because of his work. The rest of the family seem to accept this while Zak resents it.
* YoungerThanTheyLook: Dopler is 27 years old, but being forced to use the watch constantly to speed up his work leaves him looking over 60. Humourously, he still ''talks'' like a 27 year old.
** Of course, the talking bit may be because [[FridgeBrilliance he's not spoken to other people while in Hyper Time]].